Sign in to follow this  
magg

[RESOLVED]UNDERSTOOD NOW>>> How exactly does special vid work

From what I've gathered, winnie's seem to love the 1.375V w/ 123% special vid control on them. Apparantly, it helps your overclock a little doing it this way instead of having it set at defaults.

I was just wondering what exactly this does. Does the board automatically raise the voltage as its required? That's what it seems like it would do. I'm interested because I have mine set at defaults and I'd like to push my chip a little further if at all possible.

Currently running at these specs [as of 4-6-05]:

AMD64 3000+ Winnie [0449 MPM] - 2.52GHz [280x9] @ 1.456V

Patriot 1GB [512x2] w/ XBL - 2.5-4-3-6 1T @ 280MHz 2.73V

I'm pretty sure this chip can go up higher, because i've already clocked that high without that much voltage, it's just my RAM holding me back at the moment, need to loosen the timings or run a divider. But, I'd like to try this special vid first to see if maybe it makes a difference. Thanks in advance :nod:

In simpliest of terms your set voltage +23% added is the 123% setting for special vid.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

constantly...if it only put it on when it was needed...well...that would be all the time right? (ie an overclocked cpu...wouldnt it always need some voltage?)

It is nothing more than a multiplier, to allow an greater array of voltages which can be applied to CPUs, as it appears to me anyway.

Right now I am using 1.450 vCore with 110% Special VID applied.

So 1.45 x 1.10= 1.595 volts.

sparx

Ok, I misunderstood what it really was then. I was thinking that if you set the special vid control, it would take it up to that max voltage [VID * special %] if it needed that much, but it would only give it what it needed.

Example: 1.375 * 123% = 1.69125V

It starts off as 1.375, then increases the voltage as the computer needs it until it hits your max limit of 1.69125V.

That's how I thought it worked. Thanks for the clarification guys :nod:

Not sure what you are saying but in your example 1.69 vcore is applied to the CPU constantly.

sparx