Sign in to follow this  
aspevacek

HELP with HT

Ok So I have my chip running windows stable at 260 Mhz FSB bu tI have 1 small issue. I lost all HT support I discovered it because Sandra said it was not enabled I went into Bios and it says enabled but windows does not shot it working. I went to the intel website and got thier Hyper-Threading Technology Test Utility and ran it and my system failed

Processor test: passed

Chipset test : passed

BIOS test : failed

I am using the beta 3/25/05 bios could this be an issue there or related to other issues I have had with the BIOS???????

I had this exact problem. What i did, without knowing what i was doing, i turned off ACPI in the bios. This enables windows to see the virtual processors. My real problem came in when i installed windows with it disabled, windows considered it a "uni" processor system, and the HAL (Hardware Abstract Layer) cannot be changed once windows is installed. The HAL is what tells windows what kind of hardware your computer has, and knows what software to install and run on it. So, if you made that mistake like i did, then you need to re-enable ACPI, and re-install windows.

BEFORE you go through all that though, when you bios posts (counts memory) can you see if it says "Hyper Threading Technology Enabled" when it lists your processor type? If not, then you need to turn HT on in the bios

Thanks fo rthe reply Mike.

TYhe issue is I dont think that was it cause I have never disabled ACPI and the other issues I have had after chatting with Frank at DFI tech support we are going to try swapping out the Bios chip, as I have had some funny things happen in the Bios. one all of my Voltage settings were blank and the system would lock up when I clicked them. also othe rsmall issues that have popped up like my CPU fan speed not showing up in the bios screen.

:nod: Ok I reinstalled windows 3 times last night and flashed the Bios 2 times, I hav ehyper threading working again, I will be replacing the Biso chip on the board as I kinda feel it is the culprit at this point. I am going to post what the SL7J6 with a Coolermaster Hyper 48 is capable of at just 1.5 Vots. I am extreemly happy with my system once again. Hopefully everything is tight after tthe bios chip gets swapped and I can push this thing a bit further. @1.5 volts the chip is only at 36.5 deg cel while idle.

CPU-z :nod: