875P-T 5/4 divider help

My local store has the OCZ 4800 platinum in stock but I think it was made for the NF4 stuff or did they say that because nothing else runs that high.399.00 canadian for 2x512 but I didnt think the board would take it.

I,m still dual priming and looping superpi 32m,third time around and everything is still working at 290 5/4.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same bios and I just edited some stuff at my last post and ignore CPU-Z the fsb is only 290.

Also please try memtest first as i know what it is like to hose windows.

Also spread spectrum is still at 0.50% .I only found disabling it worked on NForce 2 stuff so I dont mess with it.

Bleh. Everything went all to hell. Can someone come up with a logical explanation of why the following happens:

Testing one stick at a time, at 280 FSB, in test #5, i recieve endless, and i mean endless errors in one pass. Both sticks, all slots bring same results. Without changing anything in the bios, and installing both sticks, yeilded only 50 errors in one pass. How is it that dual channel clears up so many friggin errors?

280 fsb runs test #7 all day, but now my mem is erroring test #5, it hasn't done that since it was new at this speed.

290 would start test #7, then pop out one error, then endless errors. 5:4 would clear up errors for test #5, but didn't do a friggin thing to test #7.

7.8u rendered useless for me as well. so here i am, low and behold, stuck at 270 again...... i guess this is my home to stay, i should get comfortable here :shake: :rolleyes:

Yes that is at 7.8us

No joy changing this. I tried every selection on that box. Gave me errors in test#7 on all of them at 285~5:4

MikeyLikesItSI ~ what voltages, and timings? CPU voltage at 285?

Sorry Mike I,m still having problems too, at 290 the key board cuts out then, it wont turn off.It ran all afternoon fine under load. then just surfing it started acting up again.

I was thinking, other 875 clock higher and what are all these options for if they dont do anything, something must make the divider work.I guess not.I know more about bioses now and know what the different settings do so I,m happy.I want some faster memory but good memory is the same cost as good water cooling and i think the water cooling will outlast my intrest in ddr1. Theres lots of cool new stuff commimg out.Wish I hadnt just got a new agp card just before they anounced PCI-E.

Mabye Stan will have luck with his new memory at 1/1.

No joy changing this. I tried every selection on that box. Gave me errors in test#7 on all of them at 285~5:4

MikeyLikesItSI ~ what voltages, and timings? CPU voltage at 285?

Stan, i haven't really changed anything, i've just been running the mem at a lower vmem lately. i wonder if that happened to "train" the sticks different. I did take the heat spreaders off, but the IC's are cool to the touch with the 80MM fan blowing on them.

Vcore: tried anywhere from 1.500 to 1.650

vmem: tooling around between 2.8 - 3.2.

Timings: 2.5-3-3-7, tried 3-3-3-8 with horrible results. 2.5-4-4-8 didn't yield any better then 2.5-3-3-7. Fine tune mem tried enabled and auto, also tried PAT.

I was just kinda surprised, because i had it to the point that the memory wouldn't error test #5 until 283-285 FSB (Regardless of what test #7 did), but now i'm getting 50-80 errors per pass at 280. Just kinda bothered me.

If those are your Adata TCCD try less voltage, like 2.8~2.7. In your Chipset section, instead of setting your mem at ddr400, set it to Auto @ 2.5,3,3,7 @ 280. Make sure the Fine Tume Mem is on Auto. Put your CPU voltage at about 1.585~1.6. Then try 280 again. And VAGP at 1.8