Sign in to follow this  
aspevacek

CPU fan reading

Ok I love my 875P-T bu tfor some odd reason the CPU fan has stopped reading from the board. I can physically see the fan is spinning. I have tried to replace the stock 4 pin fan with an after market setup to test and see if the fans sensor is just messed up. Neither fan registers on the board. Is anyone else havign the same issue? Is that a reason to RMA the board? I have had the board since January but to be honest I am not sure if the fan speed was ever read in bios or using the motherboard monitor. Also another issue I have seen was all the voltages for the CPU will sometime disappear and I will not have any choices in Bios. if I reboot the machine 3 or 4 times it they will show back up and I will be able to select again, if I open the selection screen while no voltage is shown it will 99% of the time lock up and not allow me to do anything, I have had the same issue with the CMOS reload screen while trying to save to it where when I try to save settings it will lock up the machine.

But like I said in opening I love the board to death and do not want to sound negative about the board.

Also check to see if the sensor is enabled in tool option in the harware monitor.

The 4 pin plug at the top of the board is for the cpu , the one in the middle is for what ever you want and will not show up in any monitor program and the one at the bottom past the last pci slot is the system fan and also needs to be enabled in the hardware doctor.

Aslo the 4-pin socket will read a three pin fan speed it will just run at full speed.

Ok in my case it is the bottom connector, I use a Aero Cool Spiral Galaxies case that inverts the mother board. It will no tread any fans connected to that connector. I actually flashed the bios back to the 11/30 adn then the 1/25 thinkin gif mabey that was the cause of the problem. I have had the issue of no fan reading in all 3 bioses so I would say the issue is with the board. The possible corrupt bios I don't think that is the issue as it was the first thing I though tof and reflashed back to the back up I made before I start flashing and overclocking the thing.