Sign in to follow this  
magg

Extra 2 power connectors

I'm running an Antec NeoPower 480W on my new rig, and have the Ultra-D as well. For those two extra power connectors that you're supposed to connect up to make a full 4 connections, what exactly goes into those?

I have a buttload of cables that came w/ my PSU, and I don't know which ones go into those connectors. Any help would be appreciated :nod:

Guest oRiOn

hey, I have that same PSU, now you need the

1 molex connector

4 pin

24 pin one,

and a floppy one, the floppy one has a molex connector that you plug a molex into and then 2 floppy connectors at the other end, plug those in also.

that is all 4!

tell me if I didn't describe too well :)

oRIOn

Ok so for the floppy connector, you just plug that into an open molex in your system, and put the other end on the floppy connection on the mobo?

And for the mobo molex, just plug in any free molex?

Awesome, maybe that will explain why my voltage readings were so low on a lot of reading programs. Thanks so much for the uber quick response, I'm going to go try it right now. I'll post my results in a minute :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Guest oRiOn

cool cool, no problem :) but what connectors did you have in before? and the floppy i think is only for the gfx <- someone correct me if im wrong

Ok, I connected as it should have been, and my voltage readings still show extremely low on all programs, but I know everything is stable because I've tested it.... hmm....

I added another molex connector to my NeoPower, ran that directly to the molex on the motherboard, and then on one of the extra molex connectors from the new cable I plugged in, I ran that floppy connector and plugged 1 end of it into the floppy power on the motherboard. And, obviously, the 4pin and 24pin connectors were there.

Oh well, I was hoping that would make my readings go up, because I know this PSU is good for it, but its ok, I can still sleep knowing that its working as it should, heh.

I just did a little wire managing and I noticed that the forton psu I have has only 1 floppy power conector. can I plug that floppy power conector and 4 pin molex that are on the same rail to the motherboard??