MSI Diamond SLI or DFI SLI-DR??

Hi guys,

please bear in mind my current sig is as per below:

I've got the chance to sell my Diamond board and get the DFI SLI-DR - quite simply - will it be worth it?

I'm dissappointed in my overclock as it cant churn out more than 1.6v's stable! - well bogus - so my fx-53 is only stable @ 250x10.- thats an increase of 100mhz!!!! :confused:

do you think it'd help by me buying the SLI-DR instead? - i mean the overclocking isnt that much of an issue - i like the uv reactive components and the frnt panel thingy as I run an external raid as it is.

thanks - any help is mucho appreciated.

PS - Would all my components be compatible - i.e. the corsair ram?

PSS - I'm going to change the following at the same time as changing my mainboard:

Tagan TG480-u01 PSU will be replaced with an OCZ ModStream 520w

200Gb Maxtor NCQ will be replaced with 300Gb Seagate 7200.8 NCQ.?

The DFI is a much better overclocker from nearly all reports. It doesnt like 20 pin PSU's though and some of the corsair memory doesnt overclock well I think yours is the TCCD and works fine but on that you should do a search if someone does not chime in. With a FX it might not matter though.

The DFI is a very nice MB if you have the right components. I couldnt be happer.

I've got the chance to sell my Diamond board and get the DFI SLI-DR - quite simply - will it be worth it?

OMG that question is so easy...DFI SLI-DR of course! Don't just take my word for it, read the reviews. It is the fastest, best overclocking skt 939 mobo hands down. Satisfied? :D

dont have a clue what is in your sig as it is just a link.

please fix it so that every user here can see it without having to click a link to see it (most of us use the quick reply box directly below your last post and we like to be able to see what is in your rig by just glancing up at your post and seeing it in your sig)

sorry fellas - the sig link goes to a simple text file with the following:

AMDFX53 - @2500Mhz/1.55v - Dangerden TDX Block

K8N Diamond NF4 SLI @250Mhz - DD Maze4 Chipset Block

1Gb Corsair 3200XLPro @ 2.5-3-3-5/1T / 2.75v (7000MB/s Sandra memory bandwidth)

HTT: 4x, FSB:250, CPU: 10x - disabled onboard Sil controller, floppy and parallel port.

MSI RX800XT-VTD256E - DD Maze4 Acetal GPU Block @520/1000

Matrix Orbital MX212 - Blk Aluminium 2 x 20 LCD Display

2 x 36.7Gb WD SATA Raptor - Sata1 & 2 - External Icybox enclosures

1 x 200Gb Maxtor NCQ DM10 - Sata4

Sony DVD-RW Dual layer DW22A

DD Floppy Bay Res, Eheim 1250 Pump = Full 1/2" Dangerden H20 Kit

Tagan TG-480-U01 PSU - Braided with UV red and molex (on its last legs ;>)

Custom mod (side c-thru panel and top 120.2 thermochill rad fitted with 2x120mm fans 7v modded)

Coolermaster Black aluminium Wavemaster - 1 x blue UV reactive fan at rear/7v - 2 x 12" UV cold cathode

Onboard Creative 24-bit live soundblaster with creative i-trigue 3300 2.1 speakers

MSI Dual-net card - WIFI + BT

Iiyama Prolite E430s analogue - 17" TFT 1280 x 1024 for everything!

Logitech Mx700 & Dell performance USB k/brd

USR Robotics Wireless 802.11g 125Mbps, HP Ipaq 4150 802.11b + BT

Which looks like:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/umar.bashir/19-02-05_1352.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/umar.bashir/23-02-05_1753.jpg

with the following changes:

Tagan TG480-u01 PSU will be replaced with an OCZ ModStream 520w

200Gb Maxtor NCQ will be replaced with 300Gb Seagate 7200.8 NCQ.?

hehheh angry power! - i like the bit about your girlfriend - she sounds just like my wife! :)

so question again is - is my stuff compatible?

I will do a search for corsair 3200xlpro probs but need to make sure the rest of the stuff is ok - i've spent fortune on this system :( and its still not what I want - i.e. at least a 2.6 overclock!!!

PS - The tagan is 24pin and even has a -5v for the likes of this MSI mainboard (-5v is required to get sound from the on-board soundblaster)

hmmm - and I have no idea if my RAM is TCCD stuff or not - its the Corsair TwinX-1024 3200XLPro stuff - with the bling bling leds etc. (black massive heatsink) which I am unable to take to bits due to the massive black heatsink :(