nf3 no internet?

One of the odd fixes for this board was Disabling the On Board 1394 Control, found in the bios under the Gene bios setting.

On Board 1394 Control Disabled

MAC Lan (nVIDIA) Auto

MAC Media Interface RGMII

Machine MAC(NV) Disabled

This is what my Bios looks like. I am still using the Original drivers from the CD, I do not use the Firewall and Ide drivers as these are known to cause problems with some peoples boards. You really need a good PSU for this board. My Generic 450Watt caused nothing but endless PROBLEMS. My current OCZ PSU has cured all of my problems. Cold Boots, No Boots, Blue Boots, Constant Boots, and Constapation :nod:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is thread is for angry games and to the rest of the DFI staff. there are several people that i know who has been having issue with the LAN connectivity and im sure most of u are already aware of this and u give us the same answer, do this and do that and sum modem dont work on marvel router/modem. that we all already know, the question is are u guys going to fix this issue soon? atleast inform the rest of the people who's having this problem cuz from how i see it more and more people is buying the nf3 250 cuz of the hype well not hype more of the OC feature and yet with that problem "LAN ISSUE" not being resolve it upsets alot of people including me i hav tried contacting dfi straight but with no luck u guys werent that helpfull i guess this is the best way i can reach u and the rest of the staff who have answerd this question " what is wrong with my MOTHER BOARD why CANT I CONNECT to the INTERNET" we have spent decent amount of money to have a good computer and right now all of that went to a waste cuz of this unresolve issue, and poor customer service.. what do we have to do to get ur attn to ADDRESS this issue? u called ur MOBO "LAN PARTY" and yet we cannot use the damn thing...

they know... a good amount of people's lan doesn't work including mine.

RMA if you want.

i'm dissapointed, but it doesn't matter THAT much... I have PCI ethernet card anyways. but hey if it worked i could maybe save a little electricity, and make a little less heat.

One of the odd fixes for this board was Disabling the On Board 1394 Control, found in the bios under the Gene bios setting.

On Board 1394 Control Disabled

MAC Lan (nVIDIA) Auto

MAC Media Interface RGMII

Machine MAC(NV) Disabled

.. wow, that's rather incredible. so then (if that worked) i could use the built in lan but my i-pod couldn't connect anymore.

meh..

• 1 month later...

i had tried to enter the mac address

but it's useless

i have to use a pci ethernet card

but after a period of time,when i use the onboard ethernet again

its working...........

i think all we can do is waiting

or we can only use the pci card..........

• 5 months later...

mine was a little different problem than yours . i would connect to the internet and then i get the pop telling me i have a network cable unplugged . downloads would quit /etc. i still havent resolved my problem . im using a dlink router . i just got my windows 64 bit os and im going to try and load that to see what happens . i wanted to dual boot but not sure if i can . i was going to do like everyone else seems to be doing and buy a ethernet pci to see if i could resolve the issues . iwill try the suggestions by some of the others to see if that will work .i have to print all out because never sure if i can get to internet .

tried some of the other suggestions to no avail so i went ahead and loaded my new win 64x pro . first part went well and then i loaded 64 bit drivers and nothing worked /no sound/no ethernet (the installation disk for my modem said it wasnt present) so im going to do what others said was the least headache. ill buy an ethernet card and load my std win xp as it doesnt look like this mobo will run 64 bit for me ( not sure if i know enough about computers to make it work ) . so far i can say im a lot disappointed with the dfi mobo and the installation disk .

• 2 weeks later...

without even reading this thread i know the problem. its drivers. install the unified 4.24 drivers but only select the ethernet drivers as these are fairly old drivers i think. worked great for me.

• 2 months later...

A big thanks Cyberfossil,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get a connection through my router with this mobo, almost bald now. heh

Got the mac number from the side of the AGP slot, entered it into bios, didn't install nVidia network drivers or firewall, as soon as I plugged in the ethernet cable it was found and I could connect. :)

I almost went to the extreme of wiping 60+GB from my harddrive, thank god I didn't! :D

• 3 months later...

Same problems here!

I've tried to set MAC address but after rebooting MAC address is still disabled in BIOS. But when i ipconfig /all i get right address. I've also changed drivers from CD but without help.

The weird think is that my LAN is working but with problems. If i connect it directly to router i'm having problem with internet. And to solve that problem is rebooting. If i connect it to another computer tru cross-over cable i can't get ping.

It seems best think is to buy another LAN PCI cart :mad:

Have you tried this?

Right Click My Computer and Select Properties

Choose Hardware then Device Manager

Click the plus next to Network Adapters

Open your onboard network adaptor properties.

Under the advanced tab choose the link speed option and set it to 100MBITS.

Thanks