System Restarts when Exiting Splinter Cell

have you checked the forums for the game? This sounds like a game-specific issue more than anything.

does every other game play fine and exit fine? Does the rig exhibit any other problems? Only playing 3d games? Only playing this particular game?

I just bought and installed SCCT today, and have been playing it for a good while...

The only problem I had was when Windows was informing me that it was hiding my icons (being a new install, I hadn't disabled it until then) while playing the game. It stopped responding, but I was able to shut it down via the task manager, and then restart it.

I had the game turned up to the max, including SM 3.0, 4 X AA, 16 X AF and everything else on max... It plays beautifully.

teamspeak can affect your computer huh... what would Ventrillo do i am on that all the time when in my game...

There is a know problem with Teamspeak that affects certain users. They have to switch to WAV audio format to resolve the problem. There might be an update to Teamspeak by know but I don't use Teamspeak at all.

I was having the same problems with UT2004. I could play for hours and hours but when I was done and closed the game, BSOD. I tried everything but update my video drivers...I was using the video drivers that came with my card. I uninstaled, then I used regcleaner. After I got the latest drivers (in my sig) no more problems....