Sign in to follow this  
magg

4 Power Connect0rs

How bad is it towards the mobo & system if you don't have all 4 power connectors plugged in to the Ultra-D? I've been running with only 2 plugged in and my OC has been fine [278x9] on my 3000+ winnie. I don't have a floppy drive, so I figured that plug didn't matter, plus I was just so anxious to get the computer up and running I didn't care to go back to plug in the other.

Hope I didn't own anything :D

eh wouldnt say u owned anything but that floppy connector does provide more power to the cpu and other onboard components i would suggest having them all plugged in usually people that dont have them all sometimes have stability probs but i would be i guess a "fail-safe " if u had them all plugged in

My new car came with 8 spark plugs. It will run with 2 of them disconnected, and it may still be fast. BUT, don't you think it will run better with all 8?

Naw MR. Infinity me wuz in on hale of a hurry to see if me new tars wuz good so while me changed me sparklers; me just left two out. Hehehehehe. When I read what you wrote about the plugs it reminded me of about 2 late 60's model of automible that if they had a few miles on them and 'should' have been tuned up by that time BUT had a miss and the owner said he had had it tuned months ago. Go down under hales manifold and change that 8th plug of the set that the previous mechanic had just not taken the time to change because that last one was biatch to get to. Hehehehe. We used to call that a "one plug" tuneup to fix the previous "seven plug" job. Hehehehe. Now that has been a while since I thought of that one. Thanks for the laff.

RGone... :shake: as usual.

My new car came with 8 spark plugs. It will run with 2 of them disconnected, and it may still be fast. BUT, don't you think it will run better with all 8?

Actually its more like NASCAR Restrictor Plate racing.

Just like the restrictor plate limits the amount of air into the engine, not having all of the power connections made up will limit the available current to the circuits on the motherboard.

NASCAR Go fast, turn left!