NF3 - Beta BIOS 3/31/2005

i get the same thing disabled in bios or not shutdown when temp hit 60

whats wrost there temp sensor is not that accurate it could be shutting down 57 -60

plz fix before official release

I have that same problem. The thing is my temp was about 10C cooler on my old mother board Epox 8KDA3J both idle and full load temps.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my tmsp i thought were dead... until i decided to dig it back out of the trash and give another try... switch ram around.. booted my machine at 255x10 and my memtest bandwidth is 2265mb/s... still burning in my ram... i get 2 - 4 errors on each pass.... i did get a performance boost with 3/31 bios... but sisandra bandwidth went down... 100pts

I have that same problem. The thing is my temp was about 10C cooler on my old mother board Epox 8KDA3J both idle and full load temps.

yup on top of that the monitoring tool on there website/CD sucks

water cool comp idle @ 46-48 with NF3 - Beta BIOS 3/31/2005

open prime 95 torture test for 1 a sec and temp sky rockets to 61C WTF turn off temp drop to 48C by the time you eye refresh the image that get feed to my brian how the hell can it go up/down so fast... :rolleyes: so now i keep my a64 chip in stock if i overclock 2.5GHZ and run prime 95 lol as soon as i click [ ok ] in Run a torture test - windows temp jump high 63C sits there for 60 sec to 1min and shuts down my comp

on the stock bios i had it before temps where always in 57C idle and reach 65C full load 2.5GHZ rock solid now this bios comes along fix my temp readings and has a limit temp bug come on you can't win :sad: with DFI :shake:

ITE Smart Accessories --->ITE Smart Guardian

or could i be wrong

Is there a better tool out there that's not motherboard monitor that thing is hard as hell for me to figure out how to configure(for me anyways) or can i have someones settings ini

Is there a better tool out there that's not motherboard monitor that thing is hard as hell for me to figure out how to configure(for me anyways) or can i have someones settings ini

SpeedFan works well on mine with very little configuration. I despise Smart Guardian's "Kindergarten" look.

I have just flashed the 3/31 bios and it works fine.

I would like to understand its new features :

- What is "Bank Interleave ? It seems to improve the RAM bandwidth according to this thread comments.

- What are the differences between Memtest 1.55 and Memtest included in 10/15 bios ?

- What is "delay for HDD" in "advanced bios features" ? I changed the value from 15 to 3 seconds and I don't see any differences.

I noticed that the NF3 logo when booting is displayed more time. Is it linked to the "delay for HDD" parameter ? Otherwise, how to decrease the logo display time ?

- What is "Bank Interleave ? It seems to improve the RAM bandwidth according to this thread comments.

- What are the differences between Memtest 1.55 and Memtest included in 10/15 bios ?

- What is "delay for HDD" in "advanced bios features" ? I changed the value from 15 to 3 seconds and I don't see any differences.

I noticed that the NF3 logo when booting is displayed more time. Is it linked to the "delay for HDD" parameter ? Otherwise, how to decrease the logo display time ?

If you are messing around with the "HDD delay" and the logo is staying up longer........Well, um, uh ;) I'd put it back to wherever it was at default if you weren't having boot problems before.

Delay for hdd should let you bios wait X seconds for disk drives to start. Hence why you see the logo for more time, because in the screen that is hidden under, ide detection is happening (as you have it enabled). Some drives need more time to start up, even if for just one or two seconds, so when the sata/ide detection happens they aren't ready, hence undetected. With a small delay, it's possible to get over that, this mostly happens on cold boots.

Don't remember wich memtest came with 10/15, but it was just an older version, hence the update.

For memory interleaving, some old info in the great george breese page

http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/r...v015_readme.htm

EDIT: Oh, BTW on more toy to play with: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=B&SITE=US

New bios dated 08/04