NF3 - Beta BIOS 3/31/2005

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news if this fixes CnQ with 2 sticks of double rank Memory?

i have 2 Sticks of 512MB Geil Value PC3200 and CnQ always Locks up

Lemonzest

umm I doubt there is an issue with this game that has to do with the board. A bios isnt gonna fix a problem with the game. I think that you dont have your ram setup properly for 2 sticks...

Could you show a link that proves there is a problem with 2 sticks?

Same, i'm noticing absolutely no performance difference.

Maybe 50MB/sec extra Memory Bandwidth in sandra, but that could just be all the tweaking i'm doing on my new RAM :)

Quoting my own post, i must be going insane :P

Just wanted to add that by "No performance difference", i meant it's rock solid for days of continous uptime with no issues :drool:

Nice BiOS!

I'm having much more success with this than the previous nf3 one with the Memory Interleaving option :)

Quoting my own post, i must be going insane :P

Just wanted to add that by "No performance difference", i meant it's rock solid for days of continous uptime with no issues :drool:

Nice BiOS!

I'm having much more success with this than the previous nf3 one with the Memory Interleaving option :)

ya rock solid for me too...its great...just primed for 9 hours @ the fastest ive ever gone.

My comp kept rebooting after I installed this bios. Maybe I should have cleared it after I flashed? Everything was stable before.

You should flash then load optimized defaults. Then clear the CMOS and load optimized defaults again, then flash again :angel: ...then load optimized defaults and set it up like normal. I doubt you really need to do it so many times but I do so I can BE POSITIVE nothing is left behind.

Some good news here too! With every other bios I couldn't boot my computer if it was started with my usb 2.0 drive plugged in (an Iomega micro mini 256mb), all I would get was a black screen and the power led blinking (no matter which port, on board or pci add in!).

Now it starts as normal, pops up a message telling the boot device order has been changed and if I enter bios, it will be detected in the removable devices list and a further boot attempt will be made.

If I try to start with it plugged in my pci add in card, it will simply ignore it, even if enable boot other devices. But I guess this is normal, although before it wouldn't even boot if it was connected in there.

But now there's a problem that REMAINS from other bios, after I try to reboot with the pen drive on my add in card, it will simply be ignored for boot, and windows will start fine and detect it (before I'd simply have a black screen). I can do a lot of boots and reboots after that and it will behave fine but then if I completely shut off the computer, in the next cold boot I'll have a bios checksum error and will be presented with the insert disk for bios flash screen. This doesn't seem to happen with the on board ports, where I can setup my system without the pen plugged and save bios boot order, turn off pc and start with it plugged in (detecting boot order change) without any attempt to boot from add in.

A simple jumper cmos clear will get rid of that screen.

Edit: nah, it has nothing to do with the add in. I did this:

-Started computer without pen drive, went to bios, saved boot order

-Rebooted with pen drive on onboard, pressed f1 after message, booted win after.

-turned off computer, removed pen drive. After turning on I got the checksum error too.

It looks like it simply doesn't like have usb devices on cold boot.

Boy am I happy the only USB device I use is my joystick :angel:

Well... I had to buy the add in card because of my saitek x45. It hates (at least) nf3 and nf2 onboard ports (had no problems in my other via based board, nor it has in intel systems), on most boots it simply won't start up, needing to be replugged to be properly detected.

Just flashed myself to this bios 31/3/2005 and i too have noticed an increase in ram bandwidth, i went from 2984MB/s in Everest to 3030MB/s or in another way from 91% effenincy to 95% i dont think i can get anymore unless i clock the ram seeing as Refresh always takes about 5%, all in all nothing bad to report :nod: