DFi 875P-T with new bios RULES!

Hey guys, seems like a few hours ago I had problems. They are now gone!

Here are the specs of my current rig:

Intel LGA775 660 ES

DFi 875P-T

OCZ PC4000 Gold 2 x 512MB

OCZ 600W Powerstream

X800 XT PE (663/618)

2 x 250GB WD 8MB cache HDDs

Here is the current overclock....ROCKS!!!!

size.jpg

Very nice O/C! :) Glad to hear that the latest BIOS has fixed your probs.

btw, what are you using to cool that beast?

Prometeia Mach2 modded to R404 by Baker from XtremeResources.

Thats crazy man! Sucks I got stuck with this China chip that woln't even stay stable at 4Ghz anymore. No more chips from that country for me. Even takes 1.6v to keep it going at 3.9Ghz.

That has to be close, if not a record for a 875P-T. Not counting the BS Nitro cooled crap that you can't run all the time.

Hey kcnyc, Can you give the URL you got your bios from and the version and date you used?

I have the same board and am having SHATLOADS of problems even getting windows to install, let alone run and overclock.

Cheers man, glad you got yours working.

Kcnyc,

How does your OCZ VX memory work on your board?? I always wondered how this memory works on Intel. Too bad you only have 3.2Volts to feed it, unless you do a vdimm mod. :nod:

Nice OC by the way How are you cooling that chip??

Kcnyc,

How does your OCZ VX memory work on your board?? I always wondered how this memory works on Intel. Too bad you only have 3.2Volts to feed it, unless you do a vdimm mod. :nod:

Nice OC by the way How are you cooling that chip??

VX works well.....did 260FSB 2 3 2 5 on it with the P4C800 E Deluxe at 3.6V. With the DFi I only had 3.2V (vdimm mod coming soon!) and it did 243FSB 2 2 2 5. So I guess OC will work out to be same or nearly the same as the P4C800. Cooled by Mach2 modded by Baker from xtremeresources.

Carnajo: It is patched. By the way, how do you remove the patch?

Victorshen: Well it is not like the TCCD. And if you are trying to imply that they are some special tight timing TCCDs, well they arent. Loosening the timings only got me about 5MHz more, but benchmarks from Sandra showed that the tight timings worked better although with lax timings the memory could run faster.

Basically, VX is made for tight timings and TCCDs are made for medium timings but higher speed. There is always a trade off - Tight timings = lower speed and loose timings = higher speed.

Choose your DDR carefully for different application.