875P-T Beta BIOS 3/25/2005

The attached is the new BIOS for 875p-t for P4 775 D0 /E0 、Celeron D D0/E0 CPU, "Unlock CPU Ratio" and "C1E Control item" (Advance BIOS Features in CPU Feature )

And when CPU with C1E function in use, we can lock the multiplier at 14 and disable the C1E function to OC.

Rgds/Jacky

http://www.angrygames.com/files/875P-T325.zip

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything about 5:4 and 3:2 options?

did they do any kind of changes on this?

The attached is the new BIOS for 875p-t for P4 775 D0 /E0 、Celeron D D0/E0 CPU, "Unlock CPU Ratio" and "C1E Control item" (Advance BIOS Features in CPU Feature )

And when CPU with C1E function in use, we can lock the multiplier at 14 and disable the C1E function to OC.

i only post what I am given

well, i suppose D0 and E0 didn't include N0 :shake:

I couldn't get the multi to lock. The only thing different that i saw was that the C1E option in the bios is AUTO or DISABLE. Didn't seem to affect anything.

I thought we figured out that the 5:4 wasn't broken, its just a NB bandwith problem?

Guest LightSpeed

I guess D0 support didn't include the 3.4E SL7J8 either from the looks of it :rolleyes:

Needless to say, L1 and L2 cache speeds are still messed up (less than half), and it causes a delay in windows which is a real pain in the butt, for example if I launch SETI, it takes around 10 seconds for it to actually start doing anything. My bet is because the cache speeds are skewed....either that or something else related to the CPU is also screwed up, but really how hard is it to test that specific bug? All you need is a CPU ;) As far as I am concerned, this issue should have been fixed seeing as Angry_Games also has a D0 prescott and actually works for DFI AND knows about this issue, not to mention has a piece of hardware that can replicate it.

-5:4 ratio still doesn't work properly with this BIOS either, neither does 3:2

When I did try a different divider for the RAM I got a bunch of little dots all over the screen with the OCZ VX, but the OCZ Platinum actually made it into memtest to give me screen upon screen of errors in test 7 :O

-CPU-Z still reports RAM in slots 1-4 for some strange reason

-mobo and CPU temps are still off

Soooo what exactly did they fix? All I see new in the BIOS is a warning about CPC control which says to turn it off if O/C.

Is anybody actually testing these BIOS or are we the first beta testers? It sure doesn't look like much testing goes into these BIOS at all :rolleyes:

At this point I am willing to be a real beta tester if it is possible...this is really ridiculous how the same issues can go on for so long without a resolution. All I need is a few extra BIOS chips :D

Guest LightSpeed

I dunno about 290...I can't even get 280 stable with this BIOS, but with 11/30 it is no problem. Mem score is wayyyy higher with this BIOS using the same settings though, so that probably has something to do with me not hitting 280 again..I dunno :confused:

Tony, If I had as much RAM at my disposal as you, I would be hitting 290 as well :P

I know the OCZ VX4000 really doesn't like 5:4 ratio at all, at least not with this board

Well 6XX are still locked at max multi, seems there may be no way to lock the 14X speed step setting.

I will request they have a relook at the bios again to see if we can lock it down for some high fsb action ;)

It does seem faster at lower settings though.

Guest LightSpeed

I tried 295 with RAM set @320 and made it into windows, then it crashed. Tried 293 and corrupted windows instantly before I could even see the loading screen :O

Lightspeed, i'm right there with you, i can't make 280 stable either. 277 is pretty stable, folds all day all night, until i start browsing the web or something. 270 seems to be a pretty good solid ground for me for now, until i can VAGP mod this board.

this issue should have been fixed seeing as Angry_Games also has a D0 prescott and actually works for DFI AND knows about this issue, not to mention has a piece of hardware that can replicate it.

if you remember, i gave them this problem and they replied that there was not a problem, that the cache speeds you were seeing were actually normal, and previous cache bandwidth was the bug.