Detecting Array...losing SATA 3/4

Guest devolutionist

This isn't a DFI problem... it appears to be an NVidia chipset issue. Other boards that use NVRaid have the same problems - just check out the other board forums, you'll see the same problem reported there.

Out of curiousity though, has the new board done it?

The problem seems to be that NVidia isn't interested in fixing the 4.60 RAID BIOS because it's been out for a few years now - having the issue all the time mind you - and they've since moved on. It appears to me as though NVidia has never addressed the issue.

/d

Guest devolutionist

From NVidia's website:

"NVIDIA does not sell any products directly to consumers, and therefore cannot provide direct technical support.

We recommend:

Contact the computer manufacturer, Add-in board partner or retail vendor from whom you received your computer or, graphics adaptor or motherboard."

Looks to me like we need DFI to champion this issue for us, and push NVidia to investigate/fix the NVRaid BIOS 4.60 issue.

Guest devolutionist

This ASUS thread mentions NVRaid BIOS v4.76 that's still having the same issue:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/41786/

That thread was regarding an Asus A8N SLi board, btw. This is a problem that:

1) NVidia needs to fix, and

2) MB manufacturers like DFI need to incorporate into their own BIOS revisions (i suppose)

/d

Guest devolutionist

Well then... RMA it is! Still going to chalk it up to shoddy chip construction on NVidia's part.

Thanks for the input,

/d