First overclock--How's it sound?

Actually, no. I run the 32M test. At stock speeds I ran a 37:37 on superpi. At 2.15GHZ I got a 35:26. Those were both with no divider. Then, last night, I ran a 33:24 at 2.30GHZ with a divider at 5/6. Hmm, is that not realistic? (i've been quite pleased with the results)

I'm actually pretty excited now, I couldn't push any further than 215x10 and I was gettin a bit disappointed, but then figured out that it must be my memory that's holding me back. Raceguy mentioned this to me before, but I guess I needed to make the connections myself in order to fully understand. Anyways, I did like he said and ran a divider at 5/6. Then I went from 215 to 230 and it booted fine. Ran superpi, ran PCMark, but 3DMark and Half-life wouldn't run. I thought, oh, well maybe I gotta turn that one number down (the multiplier that determines if you're between 1200 and 1800). It was at 4, but I tried 3 and I'm stable.

I found a few things to be pretty interesting, though. First, my PCMark 04 scores really went up from my stock speeds. Everything but HDD scores (those went down) and memory (which I expected because I think the RAM is operating at a lower speed). What surprised me most, though, was that there was NO CHANGE at all in my 3DMark05 score. None. I had assumed that I would see some sort of gain, but perhaps this is because the memory is running slower?

Well, it's still pretty gratifying. To see gains like I've seen in SuperPi and PCMark is great. I don't know if I'm going to go higher. We'll see... ;)

might wanna try out the 5/6 divider setting cos i seem to have hit a roadblock with my current setup - it won't go stable at 240fsb and ive pushed my vcore to 1.57. rest of details in my sig. the 5/6 divider setting is in the menu where u choose fsb ratio for the memory rite? (dumb question i know :O )

not quite sure yet what kinda memory to get next - only one shop in my country selling PDP memory (Patriot) and another selling the Xpert rams but the non-XL version.