Measuring CPU VID with Digital Multimeter?

Guest Beast_merged

Guest Beast

I've searched and searched but can't find any tips on how to do this.

The sata plugs are great for 12, 5 and 3.3 volts, but where on the mobo can I check CPU VID and for that matter DRAM Volts? Surely it's one of the mosfet legs?

Guest Beast

Bump - quite keen to know this. Smartguardian and MBM are showing around 0.3 to 0.6 less than I should have set. I'd like to know what I actually do have. And whether the settings I am making are taking effect.

Guest Beast

Erm, yeah I know, which is why I would like to know where to measure the voltage with a DMM. :D

Guest Beast

Thanks for the reply Prostock62, but as I said in my opening post I can and do already check the 12, 5 and 3.3 volt lines no problems. I am interested in checking the cpu voltage.

Also I don't think the 3.3v rail is an indication of vdimm, as that is regulated down to achieve your vdimm setting. Or in my case the 5v rail is regulated down as I am using up to 4v vdimm. It's this post regulated/filtered voltage that I want to measure.

• 8 months later...

I have the same question. How can I measure how much my cpu is getting volts. I hope there is a way to measure the true CPU volts using a multimeter because I personally don’t trust the readings that software give me (like cpu z etc).

:confused: