the onslaught of bsod

oh god they just dont stop. its not even the same message twice in a row.

ok, so i got all my parts, put this rig together, and finally got it to install xp. besides the fact that windows was acting screwy, i would sometimes get a bsod right when i got to windows. besides that, i could not, under any circumstances, get into windows with my fsb over 200. then my powerstream died. just died.

after a week and a half, i got the new psu back from ocz, and put it in. when i booted up the computer, it refused to go into windows, giving me a different bsod each time i got close to getting in windows. one was pen_list_corrupt and another was irql_not_less_or_equal. there were others, but i couldnt see what they said quickly enough.

so i decide to reinstall windows. this time with a slipstreamed cd. same stuff, except windows doesnt even install. i get to the part where you start to see a windows-esque interface, but then it gives me bsod. this time it tells me it doenst like some file (one of which was ntfs.exe). no error name, just those numbers and x's.

so then i tried to change my memory settings. i manually set all of them to values within the suggested ranges given in one of angry_games's guide. same stuff, though i did get slightly farther in the installation process.

i would update my bios to 3.10, but the floppy cable i recieved with the board is defective, so scratch that.

i have all possible power plugs filled on the board, and the powerstream is 24 pin. the memory passed memtest twice, which, thought not proving stability, shows that errors shouldnt be so immediate.

please help. this is crap.

edit: now my cpu core temp is at 37, and will not move. my xp120 and gigantic fan should have it below that, but it will not waiver, neither up nor down. same with my chipset temp, 48c, not budging. as a note, my temps were at 31 load before the new psu.

hi there i've had the same problems as you tho mine started as soon as i loaded up the latest nvidia forceware drivers. then i read in these forums that memory also had a part in these random BSODs(for mycase i was damn sure it was my Corsairs). i flashed to the 310 bios and they've immediately gone aince. i ran prime for 8 hrs stable and ran sandra's memory benchmark with no BSODs. maybe you could try and salvage a working cable somewhere and get up and going with the new bios. worked for me jus thought maybe it'll work for ya too mate