I need mo powa (cheap!)

So, ive been looking around lately at power supplies mainly bcuz mine doesnt look good, but then i find out that not only does it not look good, but it is teh suxxorz :O

SO ive been looking around, and most of the power supplies in these forums are like...... over 100 bux, and im like.... woah.... 100 bux is alot of money, i dont have 100 bux.......SO i was wondering if anyone can reccomend me a good one for....say..... about 60 bux? I saw the BlueStorm for 90.... but thats pretty expensive, if i have to ill break down and buy that one, but i was just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction THANKS

lol does that TTGI actually come with all those rediculus stickers all over it? :sweat:

Yeah I think so....I don't know, I never really paid that much attention to it...pulled it out of the box, hooked it up and never really gave it a second glance after that. :D

oOOOoooo, i knew you would come to the rescue once again angry games!

lol yea, that skyhawk looks nice :nod:

still a bit expensive, but i guess thats what happens when your trying to build a high-end computer :O

thanks

I can give a big thumbs up to a PCMCIS as I have been testing one in my P4 amchine for a litle while after a salesman at Microcenter was bragging at how clean the power was and gave me a substantle discount on it so I would test one. The rails have very little if any flucuation when benching so that would say to me it is a very decently made power supply. I felt bad cutting up the inside of any of my Antecs to redo the case wiring to make it an almost invisible wiring job.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-101-406&depa=0

this is just my 2 cents.

lol NoAffinity, after looking at it for a while, i decided on your flower! This is prolly one of the fastest decisions ive made with comps, i usually research for like 10 hours b4 i buy, i did this all in like 2, just because your system is almost exactly the same to mine (or what its going to be). Yup yup, i just hope the fans are blue instead of green? O well, no big deal =) i was kinda bummed that i would have to sleeve the wires myself, but its ok, ive done it b4 no biggie, i have plenty of time on my hands. :cool:

ive just started the Skyhawk 570w on this rig:

DFI NF4 SLI-DR

3500+ Newcastle 939

2x512MB OCZ PC4200EL Platinum rev2

2x Raptor RAID-0 (going to add 3x Hitachi for RAID-5 when im done clocking it)

LiteOn 52x CD-ROM

floppy

2x Chaintech 6600GT SLI

Thermalright XP-90 + 92mm Enermax fan

right now voltages are rock stable (at stock settings). PSU is very strong and very quiet, and really a great deal for $69.00 and a 3 year warranty (not to mention slightly modular...like the OCZ Modstream just without the wrapped cables)

only real advantage this has over the Fortron (other than bigger rails which can be moot, have not tested yet) is the 2x floppy power connectors (Fortron only has a single one...which is a negative on the NF4 boards since the NF4's require a floppy power connection to the motherboard PLUS a floppy connector for a floppy drive!)

woah, i got my pwr supply in the mail today, and it turns out its not 24 pin..... wow, i seem to have misread noaffinity's specs, no i get to return it and pay the restocking fee and stuff. :nod: thats how its done! Its soooooo pretty tho, with the blue chrome finish and the 4 fans, it looks drop-dead gorgeus(sp) I guess NoAffinity got a different version of sumtin, cuz if im correct, the LanParty Pro875 requires a 24 pin connection? O WELL mistakes happen, im going to give Angry's supply a good look and prolly get dat.

Dude for the budget you want to work with I am telling yo uthr PCMCIS is Rock solid stable and for the cash yo ucan not do better. I am currently runnign my ssytem @3.84 Ghz Rock Solid Primed for 3 Hours 0 errors 0 warnings. I am starting to like it better then even the Neo Power I have here.