[RESOLVED] LanParty UT nF3 250gb:Slow Startup

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I had thought too, but when I read it over, I got the sense that it would drop down to this speed, but it could be manually put back up to 400. I think it said it can only run in 333 if you have 2 gigs or more. I want to run all three of my sticks because thats what I bought them for, if I only wanted 1gig I would have only bought another 512 stick.

I got the sense that it would drop down to this speed, but it could be manually put back up to 400.

Yep you can get that sense and yep you can put it back up to 200/400DDR but that does NOT mean it will work. If the memory is not tops or the memory controller is too overloaded> it will not work very well. Period. DFI gave you a 'chance' to see if the memory could be adjusted back up from 166/333DDR but they never guaranteed it to work.

I got a good friend whose brand of board will remain nameless ( tried to get him to go DFI ) whose board throttles back to 166 and is not ever going to give him option/choice/chance to try to see if it will run back at 200/400DDR. That mobo company followed AMD's guidelines to the exact letter for many sticks of ram. That last or third slot is the killer for the onboard memory controller most of the time. Most know it too.

Now I have tried 2 x 1gig of Buffalo Tech stuff in my NF3 UT250gb and it ran fine up to about 230FSB and have put a number of NF3 users to this addy and he got them hooked with 2x1gig and it does fine...

In putering you have to eventually roll with the punches or get gray hairs. I got enough of them already.

RGone...

That's what I had thought too, but when I read it over, I got the sense that it would drop down to this speed, but it could be manually put back up to 400. I think it said it can only run in 333 if you have 2 gigs or more. I want to run all three of my sticks because thats what I bought them for, if I only wanted 1gig I would have only bought another 512 stick.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Ill have to try 333 and see if that fixes it. My last questions about the RAM is whether 1.5gigs at 333 or 1gig at 400 is better

Go for the Gig unless you have an application that won't run without it. The extra memory bandwidth is worth the lower total RAM.