nf3 250gb, First overclock

3Tripnip

Hey!

I thought I'd post the results from my first overclock. While I'm not blown away by it, I think it's pretty good. Can't get over that 240 mark. I've done what a bunch of people have done on the forum (updating bios, moving SATA drive to 3 or 4, using DIMM 1 and 2, 1 and 3, etc), and it still doesn't like it. I've put in a custom water cooling system, and modded the 120mm fans to run on 5V so I can barely hear them, and these are the temps I'm getting after a half hour of Doom3:

Temps.jpg

Not too shabby I think. :) Seems like no matter how much voltage I dump into this CPU, it just won't be stable over 240. It also won't stay stable with a multi over 9 though. I've loosened up the timings of the ram to 3-4-4-8 or something, and still no go. Strange. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it and see sig for my specs. Any suggestions would also help. :) Thanks!

-Ben

Haha, yep. This CPU just doesn't want to go faster. I think I had it up to 2.4 for a while, but it wasn't stable in Windows at all. So, I moved to raising the FSB and tightening the RAM timings. Not ideal, but this CPU is fighting me. :)

Guest sealion

Have you tried any cpu burn-in programs or raised your vcore at all? Judging from that picture you have there your vcore is at 1.52. Also, I believe you have the wrong system specs in your sig. A socket 754 Athlon3200 stock is 2.2ghZ... techically, you underclocked it.