Sign in to follow this  
danny5

LP NF4 U-D -- power LED light help needed.

I have an Antec 660 Performance+ case, and the power LED connection is a 2-prong piece. The DFI Ultra-d has a 3-pin connection. Is there a way I can get the power led light to work? I have tried switching it from 1-2 and 2-3 and there is no joy. I didnt try turning the connector up-side-down, would that make a difference? I know I had to do that to get my LED lights to work on my raid card.

Thanks

Upside down is certainly going to be key as the LED's are polarity sensitve or plus and minus sensitive. Now which of the pins is plus and minus you will have to look at the manual to see.

RGone...

I have an Antec 660 Performance+ case, and the power LED connection is a 2-prong piece. The DFI Ultra-d has a 3-pin connection. Is there a way I can get the power led light to work? I have tried switching it from 1-2 and 2-3 and there is no joy. I didnt try turning the connector up-side-down, would that make a difference? I know I had to do that to get my LED lights to work on my raid card.

Thanks

Unlike incandescent lightbulbs, LEDs are polarity dependant. You need to plug the wire in the right way for it to light up, so I would try turning the cable around.

On my SLI-DR I know I had to flip the connectors on one side of the case header pins so that the labels on all the connectors all pointed toward the center. I believe my power LED connector is also only 2 pins wide. Look for the + on the board and match it with the colored (not black, mine is green) wire on the cable.

spkr rst HDD

|___|_|_||_| Labels face V

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

-------|-||--| Labels face ^

atx-pwr pwr led

Putting it on the wrong way shouldn't damage the LED unless you leave it on for a long time and reverse bias the diode junction. If it doesn't work, take it off.

Well, I turned the conncector, label outwards and now there is joy. Lordy, those LED lights can be buggers to get to work.

Thanks all...