Sign in to follow this  
vood0g

Nf4 Sli-dr

I am building my first computer and I ran into my first problem that I am aware of. Hope you guys can help me. Anyhow, I hooked up all the components, and I am trying to install the winxp, and the computer just freezes after I press F8 to accept the licensing agreement with microsoft.

I am not sure what else you guys need to know to further help me out with this problem.

List your computer's specs, including the PSU brand and wattage. Better yet, drop all that info in your sig, too. Nobody'll have to ask you for them again. But do post them.

I am not exactly sure which BIOS i am using. i havent changed much of anything in the BIOS other than the time and date, and the changing boot-up to CD-ROM.

hmm...that's another problem too. during the boot-up process, the screen where it says "del to enter BIOS" (or something to that extent) just flashes right by.

this is what happens:

power on

DFI logo comes on

screen change, less than 1 second later, the next screen comes on saying booting from cd-rom.

i tried taking cd out, but entering BIOS screen does not appear long enough for me to enter del.

hmm...that's another problem too. during the boot-up process, the screen where it says "del to enter BIOS" (or something to that extent) just flashes right by.

this is what happens:

power on

DFI logo comes on

screen change, less than 1 second later, the next screen comes on saying booting from cd-rom.

i tried taking cd out, but entering BIOS screen does not appear long enough for me to enter del.

If you can flash to the newest BIOSthen give it a whirl...I've read it'll help many people

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=A&SITE=NA

Good luck