What power supply do you have? (open to all platforms)

Angry_Games

1,912 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ (all makes)
    • Fortron/FSP (all makes)
    • Enermax
    • PCP&C
    • Antec
    • Skyhawk
    • Thermaltake
    • Coolermaster
    • I'm using a 20-pin psu still
    • Other (please list in a post!)
    • Silverstone
    • Sunbeam
    • Tagan
    • Seasonic
    • Hiper
    • Mushkin/BFG

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a Hiper 580 Type R - been using it a year now - but not to sure how much it can handle - i may be having a PSU problem right now - dosnt seem to have enough to boot anymore - i havnt had problems with it till now - but it may not be the PSU - i am leaning that way though -

i think my next PSU will be the PC power and cooling with one strong 12volt rail high amps -- i think this dual rail , 3 rails and 4 rails are not as good - how do you even know which rail you are using to connect things to ?

Hiper 580 may be ok for normal lower end stuff - i think i am pushing the limits and it dosnt seem to hold it -

OCZ GXS 600. I am not fond of it. The fan was loud before I removed it and replaced it with a proper fan. Not the fan itself, the internal fan controller was the thing to blame, since it kept the thing on full tilt at idle/stock. The first one broke, and it's called the GAMEXTREAM and has a blue LED.. the latter bothers me the most. I guess I bother me more for buying a product with XTREME in the name and LEDs. :(

The second one has had no problem powering my asus, but my gigabyte it has been weird with, the atx connector doesn't really work with the connector on the board unless it's at a certain angle. It worked fine on my asus though, and a dfi dagf.. so it's probably the stupid board.

I bought a ZALMAN HP600 about 3 months ago and it is great. I havent found all that much info on it but apparently it has the same internal supply as the OCZ 700w.

I would reccommend this to anyone, as with most things from Zalman it is great quality. Its heavy, got a heatpipe cooler in the back, quiet and with a blue neon fan it looks the part ( if your into lights and so on).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I replaced my OCZ PowerStream 600 SLI with a Thermaltake ToughPower 1200 for my main rig. I am quite satisfied with the performance so far. It powers everything in my system under load while keeping low exhaust temps.

seasonic m12-700

handles 88gtx sli just fine.

quieter then any other in same class wattage psu.

all the corsair HX are made by seasonic.

the pcp&c silencers series are also by seasonic btw fyi