What power supply do you have? (open to all platforms)

Angry_Games

1,912 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ (all makes)
    • Fortron/FSP (all makes)
    • Enermax
    • PCP&C
    • Antec
    • Skyhawk
    • Thermaltake
    • Coolermaster
    • I'm using a 20-pin psu still
    • Other (please list in a post!)
    • Silverstone
    • Sunbeam
    • Tagan
    • Seasonic
    • Hiper
    • Mushkin/BFG

Legendary Enermax EG651P-VE 550w on my crappy MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nF3 Ultra 939 system. If it wasn't for its 20 pin ATX configuration it would probably be as good as the OCZ PS 520w, or better :)

Since then Enermax went down a bit... the 600w Noisetaker was not even remotely made to handle large SLI loads (OC'ed cards). Now using Episilon 700w on main system, best one yet.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

luv my 680w thermaltake

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I am holding one of those in my hand, as if I was Hamlet and would be contemplating at an old friend's skull whom was long departed... :rolleyes:

The first revision of the 680w has only given me a ton of problems: it failed with my SLI a year ago, system shutdown as soon as SLI (welcome screen) kicked in. Then sent to RMA, costing me a lot for the shipping... got "new one", tried to power up a LITTLE Asus P4C800 + Prescott 3.0E system, and sometimes it powered down by itself, and video card was a tinny 9800 Pro. Sent back to RMA, cost me another lot... got "new one", again, and tried to power a LITTLE Abit IS7-E + 2.4C Northwood (no overclock this time) + another 9800 Pro, and it failed again!!!!!!!

I had it with Thermaltake, they lost their ability to make power supplies last year or even before then and I am NEVER going to even look at them or suggest their products in the future. They certainly make more or less good cooling products, at least comercially speaking... I am very happy with their Tide Water video card cooling thing, but thats it :mad:

I think I am going to call their "hot line" and talk some nasty things at them... :mad:

I gots the Antec TruePower 480 Watt. I love it. Its quiet, powerful, reliable, delivers a steady power stream. Plus, it has fan only connecters that automatically adjust my fan speeds so my computer is really quiet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey AG,

You gonna update the OCZ choices to include the new GamerXSream series by any chance?

I've already voted my Powerstream once, but I'm really liking this new 700w OCZ GXS.