What power supply do you have? (open to all platforms)

Angry_Games

1,912 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ (all makes)
    • Fortron/FSP (all makes)
    • Enermax
    • PCP&C
    • Antec
    • Skyhawk
    • Thermaltake
    • Coolermaster
    • I'm using a 20-pin psu still
    • Other (please list in a post!)
    • Silverstone
    • Sunbeam
    • Tagan
    • Seasonic
    • Hiper
    • Mushkin/BFG

Skyhawk PSU's. Very pleased with the 620W. Be nice if we could of had our PSU Guru

take one through the torture test.

ive been torturing a Skyhawk 520w for about 3 weeks now. I am going to have ViperJohn take my extra 520w Skyhawk apart and see if it is worthy.

I purchased them for $39 each at newegg, and they are rock solid, and my Skyhawk 570w has been my main rig's psu for almost 8 months.

I can highly recommend them, but I still recommend an "A" List power supply before these.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question about this situation my PSU has 2 12v rails one @ 18amps the other @ 20amps, how do i know which one is feeding my CPU and which one is feeding the rest of the system, would a multimeter tell me this?
Not really, unless the CPU needed more than +12V@18A,

as it would be very difficult for "the rest of the system" to pull more than +12V@18A. ;)

Skyhawk PSU's. Very pleased with the 620W. Be nice if we could of had our PSU Guru

take one through the torture test.

The Skyhawks can often be had at "super bargain" prices because the advertising dept. didn't talk to the engineering dept., at least not in the same language!

These PSU's deliver plenty of good clean power, but they do not meet the specs printed on the box.

I can't "recommend them, but...

Use it in good health. ;)

I had a skyhawk 400w a few years back, when I first started to overclock, To be honest the psu was a pos... worked fine for 6 months then the 12 volt rail started to sag and eventually it just couldn't cope with any sort of OCing and that was with T-Bred "B".

been using Antec and Enermax ever since.... I really like the enermax's 3 year warranty!

The important of relaible PSU

My experiences:

One find night, when I was doing some benchmark for 3d and I connet a lot of casing fan just to cool my cpu and gpu. I wanted to connect a casing fan and was looking for the connector which was benneath the casing. So, I just pull the connector and accidentally, the connector touched the iron bar in my csing and causing a spark and smell of burning came out. And my comp suddently shut down automatically.

At first I thought, I am dead meat this time. I also prayed that the suddent short circuit did not burn my cpu, mobo and my newly bought gpu. I restart again my comp and violla, my comp managed to boot up and now still running find.

Thank God. OCZ Power Stream save my butt. The Over Voltage Prevention feature had kicked in and prevent damage done to my rig.

Now, I know why relaibe and good PSU is SO IMPORANT. Just in case, ya just in case, the PSU might save your butt. Just like my case. :P

So for those members here are still having second thought of getting reliable PSU, pls stop to thnik twice and just get it before anything happen to your rig. :)

the S12-600 Seasonic that was returned to me from Seasonic themselves seems to have the problem cured where they wouldn't boot our NF4 boards...but I can't put the verdict in just yet on them...another week of testing and talking to Seasonic some more to make sure there's a way to get your S12 series psu replaced if you happen to get one that has the problem with our boards...otherwise, highly recommended.