What power supply do you have? (open to all platforms)

Angry_Games

1,912 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ (all makes)
    • Fortron/FSP (all makes)
    • Enermax
    • PCP&C
    • Antec
    • Skyhawk
    • Thermaltake
    • Coolermaster
    • I'm using a 20-pin psu still
    • Other (please list in a post!)
    • Silverstone
    • Sunbeam
    • Tagan
    • Seasonic
    • Hiper
    • Mushkin/BFG

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thermaltake Purepower 420W, 20pin

Works fine, and my OC at the moment is @ 2160MHZ , 240Mhz HTT, 10/9 devider,so my memory is running at 216MhZ

Only problem I had with it is that I had some instability with no OC and Cool'n'Quiet running, which probably stresses the PSU quite a bit with its constant voltage shift.

I will probably buy a 24 pin PSU in a couple of months, but right now I'm happy as is

Well sorry I have to admit that my personel experience with power supply brands ended when I did buy a sparkle. Still have that one and three others including the 350 watt dual 12v model I just got for this board. So far it's been fine it's my kvr2700/512x2 that are the problem now I did get them in dual mode but I had to set it at 2t whatever the hell that means. Why isn't the bios setting the memory to this when safe boot mode is selected?

2- PC Power & Cooling 510SLI's, and there are no better high quality power supplies than the ones they make, however you will end up paying for that quality. The only problem I have now is coming up with the cash to piece the rest of the parts together for 2 DFI NF4 SLI-DR motherboards I already have now.

danny it is strange that the BlueStorm is louder than your Antec 430...I didn't know the Antec 430 was known as a 'quiet' psu (I dont have an Antec so rely on everyone else's observations). My bluestorm psu's are super silent, even at peak use...what kind of noise is yours making? It might have a problem as even Rgone has never had any noticeable noise from his.

Yeah, they don't make much noise about it (no pun intended :D), but it really is VERY quiet. You can't hear it at all if you have any other fans. I had the True430 for a while, good supply, but aging now..

just to make sure, please only NF4 users take this poll. All power supplies are 24-pin ATX2.0.

Unless you are using a 20-pin to power the board...there's an option for that too. (there will be in a second anyway)

How about 20 pin modded to 24 pin?

Antec SL350 with 3.3v, 12v, and 5v/gdn pulled form molex and aux connector, modded into the 4 extra pins...

Holds 12.02v on my 12v line under 2.6ghz A64 1.7vcore, 230mhz mem, 3.2v, wd800jb, dvd burner, 4x 90mm fans, tornado, and now 2 UV CCFL's.

Prime stable. :)