Sign in to follow this  
Flybye

System won't go past DFI bootup Logo

WOOHOO!!! XP detected the HD controller!!!! Let's see how the install goes.

I'm in on the "You NEED a 24 pin PSU" wagon now. I swear by it.

Now I'm getting a BSOD during XP startup, and it only freakin flashes. I can't even see what it's for.

Oh well. I'll try a few things first to see what happens

I had this same problem when I first tried to power up my board. The diagnostic lights went down to 1 lit, I got one short speaker beep but nothing else happened. I fixed it by clearing the CMOS and putting the "Safe Boot" jumper in the active position. It booted cleanly after that and I put the jumper back into its original position. It's been fine since.

how about that Matrox 8mb PCI video card sounds like a very old card can you swap video cards with bro to try

Naa. Things are fine so far. I installed windows into a seperate directory, and after a while was finally able to get into windows. Now it's just about reinstalling everything. At least I have a nice fresh copy of XP :)

Now that I know this thing is working, I have to hurry up and order a 6800 Ultra. In the mean time, I'll b e playing around with the OC on air. Then I'll start hooking up my custom fridge kit, then....... :D

I have a very similar problem, he detects the CPU, then the available RAM and finally hang up at this position just before the drives detection! Sometimes when I unplug some molex conectors from the disks and CDROM drives, I can enter BIOS, but other times simply not!

Other times the system hang up in BIOS, I'm saying this because the keyboard starts to not respond!

I have all 4 conectors on the board, and I have a Enermax 460W 20pins with a 24pins adapter!

I need some help please! :O

I have a very similar problem, he detects the CPU, then the available RAM and finally hang up at this position just before the drives detection! Sometimes when I unplug some molex conectors from the disks and CDROM drives, I can enter BIOS, but other times simply not!

Other times the system hang up in BIOS, I'm saying this because the keyboard starts to not respond!

I have all 4 conectors on the board, and I have a Enermax 460W 20pins with a 24pins adapter!

Put your full system specs in signature, under "user cp" That is the only way we can know what you have in your rig.

You have hi-jacked into another user thread and are lucky people are looking this deep in an old thread.

20 to 24 pin adapter> NOPE...Not recommended at all.

Relavent and specific signature made here will help a lot as some users might "recognize" your setup and problem...

RGone...