Sign in to follow this  
Olivier1001

BIOS set up for OCZ PC3200 Plat rev2?

BIOS set up for OCZ PC3200 Plat rev2?

Reading a lot of forums, I know that my OCZ Plat 3200 Rev 2 can reach frequencies around 260 MHz with these timings: 2.5-4-3-7.

I tried them and run memtest without problem for 1 hour at 2.9V. However, I soon as I boot on windows, I get a blue screen. The divider is set to 9 so that the frequency of my CPU can not interfere.

All the other options in DRAM Bios are on auto. Could some o f you provide me with the complet set up of their BIOS so I could figure out what I could due to solve my problem?

Thanks

Try Tref at 4708 it might help and then lower to 250 or so. Even if U are Memtest86+ v1.51 stable download the Prime95 and se if U're torturetest stable. Im Memteststable at 11*245 but Tortureteststable at 230*11. Im working at it but...

Also look at ANDYOCZ:s Plat rev.2 sticky in the normal thread (not OC) he has a lot of tips.

Ok .. I realize you have a NF4 and I use NF3.. but im sure the timings are 'similar' so maybe you wana try some of these..

These are what settings I run at 10x270HTT 1:1 with the same ram you have..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dram Frequency Set(Mhz)= 200(Mhz)(1/01)

Command Per Clock(CPC)= Enable(1T),

Cas Latency Control(tCL)= 2.5 @ 260 I change to 2

RAS# to CAS# delay(tRCD)= 4 @ 260 I change to 3

Min RAS# active timing(tRAS)=8 @ 260 I change to 00

Row Precharge timing(tRP)= 3

Row Cycle Time(tRC)= 7 ( If not stable try 8 or 9 )

Row Refresh cyc time(tRFC)= 14

Row to Row Delay(tRRD)=00 ( If not stable try 1 or 2 )

Write Recovery Time(tWR)= 2

Write to read Delay(tWTR)= 1

Read to Write delay(tRTW)=2

Refresh Period(tREF)=4708

Write CAS# Latency(tWCL)= 1

Interveaving = DISABLE !! ( If everything turns out stable try to enable this.. my ram hates this no matter what !! )

DQS skew Contro= Increase Skew

DQS Skew Value= 255

DRAM Drive Strength= Level 2

Max Asynce lantency=7ns ( If not stable try 8ns )

Read Preamble time=5ns

Idle Cycle Limit= 064

Dynamic Counter= Enable

R/W Queue Bypass=8x

Bypass Max= 07x

32 byte Granulation=Disable(8burst)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 1/25 bios is just fine and I easaly reached 280 with those timings and everything else stock settings except 2.5 4 3 8 though I did need a fan on the memory. 8 rather than 7 actualy gave better memory bandwidth in sandra. The 3/10 bios is OK too. The others not so much though you could adjust the other memory settings to work. Any reason you think it is the memory and not somthing else. Does it work with one stick?

Smoken Joe,

What vcore and vdimm are you running at those settings?

I've got a similar setup with the same revision Ultra-D, a Winchester 3200, and the same memory. Despite all my tweaking, I haven't been able to get above 240x10 @1:1 stable. I will try some of these other memory settings. Most, like tREF are a mystery to me.

Smoken Joe,

What vcore and vdimm are you running at those settings?

I've got a similar setup with the same revision Ultra-D, a Winchester 3200, and the same memory. Despite all my tweaking, I haven't been able to get above 240x10 @1:1 stable. I will try some of these other memory settings. Most, like tREF are a mystery to me.

Vdimm 2.9

vcore 1.5-1.6 per cpuz and latest ITE

The settings are a bit of a mistry to me too I printed up a guide on all the settings and another for recomended settings and play around. Tref of 648 3120 and if memory serves 4708 I am on 3120 now for no good reason ther than it works. What is holding you back is the memory/memory controller doing OK?(memtest) or is the CPU(prime)?

Thunda, do you think 275 can be hit with the settings you posted?

Those are the tightest I can make them at 270.. tighten one thing or move up the HTT one notch and im not stable..lol.. so I dont know about 275.. but you'd have to try and find out..

Smoken Joe,

To answer your question...I'm not sure what's holding me back, though I suspect it's the CPU. Lowering the CPU multi, the LDT multi, and using a low memory divider, I have been able to crank my FSB up to about 310Mhz and still boot. Regardless of the memory divider used, at any CPU multi setting (10x, 9x, 8x, 7x), I top out at 2400Mhz; above this, I get errors on the Prime95 blended test after about 1 minute.

When I test my memory independently (1:1 divider and low CPU multi), it also tops at about 240Mhz or DDR480 before I start to get Memtest errors.

So, I can't say if my problems are d/t CPU limitations or problems with memory/memory controller.

My memory settings are 2.5-3-3-7 and vdimm of 2.7-2.9v. I think my tREF is at 3120. My skew control is set to INCREASE, with a skew value of 0.=

If you have any suggestions, let me know, and I'll be glad to try them. Oh...I almost forgot to ask, but why did you need a fan on the OCZ memory at 2.9v? Aren't they rated up to that voltage?

Smoken Joe,

To answer your question...I'm not sure what's holding me back, though I suspect it's the CPU. Lowering the CPU multi, the LDT multi, and using a low memory divider, I have been able to crank my FSB up to about 310Mhz and still boot. Regardless of the memory divider used, at any CPU multi setting (10x, 9x, 8x, 7x), I top out at 2400Mhz; above this, I get errors on the Prime95 blended test after about 1 minute.

When I test my memory independently (1:1 divider and low CPU multi), it also tops at about 240Mhz or DDR480 before I start to get Memtest errors.

So, I can't say if my problems are d/t CPU limitations or problems with memory/memory controller.

My memory settings are 2.5-3-3-7 and vdimm of 2.7-2.9v. I think my tREF is at 3120. My skew control is set to INCREASE, with a skew value of 0.=

If you have any suggestions, let me know, and I'll be glad to try them. Oh...I almost forgot to ask, but why did you need a fan on the OCZ memory at 2.9v? Aren't they rated up to that voltage?

Sounds like you are at the limit of the cpu if you have tried to increase the volts already. I am using 150 plus the 110 to get right around 1.6. I was using a Zalman 7000Cu and getting great temps 1.65 worked better at times too anything over and it was overheating. I tried out the 1/25 bios again for some reason it just wasnt working for me this time. I wonder if I did not clear the CHOMOS properly the first time I used 1/25 and thought I was at near stock setings. I am back on 3/10 performance BIOS I can write my settings down when I get stable at 2.58 again.

This set of chips are more than a little flaky compaired to some earler weeks. I am going to get a venus when they come out if I can get mine over 2.55 and stay stable. I have to stop messing around and just leave it at 2.58 when I get it stable again.

EDIT I put the fan on the memory because it gave fewer memtest errors at 280 it is that simple took it off to see if I could cause errors what do you know it started again. Do I need it at 2.6 no but at least I know it is not the memory slowing me down If you want me to write the settings down PM me so I can find the post again..

http://home.comcast.net/~gwrauh1/bios.jpg

i run two of these with these settings (2.5 4 3 7 1T 1:1 DC) at 289, could probably go higher but CPU is limited to ~~2600mhz.

ALso...add LDT voltage and chipset voltage a notch if you get BSODs..and make sure that HTTxLDT multi is BELOW 1000 !

vdimm: 2,9V

bios 3/10p