LANParty nForce 4 SLI-DR & DiamondMax 10 Any compatibility issues?

I just read somewhere that ASUS had to update its bios for its nforce 4 boards and maxtor had to update its firmware to get these two to work together. Anyone have problems with this combination?

Do you have NCQ (Native Command Queuing) enabled on this drive? Is it connected to the nforce 4 SATA or Silicon Image SATA or IDE Controller? All responses are appreciated.

The problem I was hearing about was with it connected to the nvidia sata controller. Also if you do have a problem with your DiamondMax 10, you can't use the MAxtor MAXBLAST diagnostic software because it does not support nvidia SATA implementations so far.

Do you have NCQ (Native Command Queuing) enabled on this drive? Is it connected to the nforce 4 SATA or Silicon Image SATA or IDE Controller?

Yup, NCQ enabled. Since I have a "D" rather than a "DR" board, my only option is the nforce and all is working fine.

Do you have NCQ (Native Command Queuing) enabled on this drive? Is it connected to the nforce 4 SATA or Silicon Image SATA or IDE Controller? All responses are appreciated.

The problem I was hearing about was with it connected to the nvidia sata controller. Also if you do have a problem with your DiamondMax 10, you can't use the MAxtor MAXBLAST diagnostic software because it does not support nvidia SATA implementations so far.

I had problem with Maxtor Diamond max 10, but i think was a bad disk due to manufacture or shipping. I had numerous bad sectors.

The drive run perfect on nvidia SATA, but if u have problems with your disk, dont expect support from Maxtor. Their diagnostics utilities does not support NF4 and even NF3.

I dont wanna have a drive without support so i decide to refund it.

I just wait for new T7kxxx from Hitachi to arrive to the US.(their utilities run perfect on NF4).

I think the MAXBLAST diagnostic software works on the Silicon Image SATA??? But it doesn't support NCQ. I guess if I have any problems, I have to switch over to the Silicon Image controller. I am a little paranoid about shipping damage (had a bad new hard drive too), however NewEgg seems to bubble wrap the OEM drives pretty well. Besides you have to buy the OEM drive to get a 3 yr warranty. Retail is 1yr. Go figure. Otherwise everything looks good. Thx.

I just read somewhere that ASUS had to update its bios for its nforce 4 boards and maxtor had to update its firmware to get these two to work together. Anyone have problems with this combination?

I've strange problems with my Dmax10. I installed it on sata1, was recognized by bios, installed winxp sp2, no problems, BUT

sometimes in the xp's booting process, the system hang, make another boot and chekdisk resolve some issues found, then boot OK. Yesterday when I tried to defrag the system hanged at 91%.

I´ve downloaded maxblast 4 utility and tonight i will chek this problem.

Anyone with the same prob?

thanks