Nforce4 6.53 now available....

I uninstalled 6.39 first then ran Driver Cleaner Pro. I haven't noticed any improvements or problems. AFAIK, only the IDE and Network drivers were updated. The other version numbers stayed the same.

I have been using the nVidia IDE since 6.39 and have not had any problems. I think Angry had problems (updating to 6.39) when he uninstalled the old drivers first cause he has a RAID array. I don't use RAID so I can't comment on that.

I also don't use the nVidia firewall. I have heard nothing but problems with that so I'll stick with ZoneAlarm.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think angry installs the ide w/ no probs.

I agree w/ ya cythrawl.

i only install the IDE when i am using RAID. And only on the NF4.

i have found no problems with it yet...but i still distrust it highly because I hate that damn driver.

I just downloaded 6.53 but only after installing 6.39 on Onur's Ultra-D lol...oh well.

trying the new 71.60 Detonators (vid drivers...yes i still call them Detonators dammit).

hopefully hte new NF4 drivers have a better NV LAN driver ;)

6.53 IDE made me bluescreen (i.e. i got a stop error). IDE from 6.39 works fine though. rest of 6.53 seems ok.

I tested my system for weeks now and had no problem (but not Internet connection since yesterday).

I also made a small LAN to a Laptop(connected to internet) for transfering drivers updates and other files to my new system.

I finally connect my DFI system to internet yesterday through a router/DSL modem all wired.

I had randomly blue screens every hour or so without knowing whats going on.

I saw that nvidia released new NF4 drivers (6.53) and i decide to go with them.

After installing them just browse to internet and .............blue screen again!! :confused:

I think is a very big nvidia drivers issue! (even with the new ones)

I will try Marvell Ethernet to see what happens

the IDE actually worked in this set for me, before it was black screen. i also installed the Ethernet driver. all the others i already have installed. so far, so good.

on Boot. Not everytime, but atleast half the time. Used roll back to use 6.39's IDE driver and all is well. First time I've ever utilized the roll back feature and it bailed me out with no mess.