New DFI user, needs tips hints for installation

I'm starting to put together a Step by Step approach to tweaking, benchmaking, and an intro to overclocking

That would be a good thing to have since the DFI board has a myriad of settings that can all be tweaked in one way or another and no matter how much I read, I honestly think I will never understand quite everything. It is nice to have someone that can detail the various functions within this particular bios and their cause:effect.

demonr6, as far as I can tell, nobody is exactly sure what all of the different settings do or don't do. Or if they are, the basic philosophy of overclocking enthusiasts is to let everyone figure it out for themselves through trial and error. I'm about as green as they come, so certainly I can't explain the settings in any detail, other than to report what I have found in playing around with my memory timings. But even that may not help you since your memory is likely different than mine. To figure it out, I had to go into the bios and test various configurations using the bandwidth and other bencharking tools I listed above. The best description of the various settings DFI boards have that I've seen is this:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=329627

By the way, CMOS reloaded is a very good friend in doing this. My advice is to learn how to use it...it's very easy.

There's only a handful of settings that will affect your real performance if you are interested in a stable system at stock speeds. You can ignore the other settings if you want. Or, if you are interested in learning more or OCing, in the end, you'll just need to get under the hood of the thing and tweak the settings one at a time to see how they affect the performance of your rig.