OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks - i give it a try -- you think i can get to fsb250 and cpu x11 this way - or just make the memory run better ?

i am stable at fsb246 - x11 -- i just tried fsb247 with the same settings and it failed - core 0 after a hour

would making those changes help to get it stable at 247 and up or just make the memory more stable ?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I love DFI and want to be diplomatic, so "read between the lines" here. ;)

There were some "features" on the old NF4 SLI boards that they wanted to improve on the new boards. They did succeed, but one of the new "features" is that the new boards don't overclock like they did before. We have the Expert boards and they won't clock as high in our labs or our homes with the same kits of memory in many cases. We are mostly taking about high FSB tight timing stuff and not so much memory that runs at lower speeds, like 2gb kits.

Go to http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18106. We have prime stable results for the Expert board there. Ryder and Tony (BigToe) have been hard at work putting this together.

Andy is just being honest...no need to be diplomatic Andy lol

I don't care for the Expert board either as it can't hold a candle to my original NF4 boards

OCZ Tony says they are better, and overclock higher, but the majority of us (and I'd say that is about 99% of us who aren't memory engineers like Tony is) find that the old boards overclock much much better, and honestly have less problems.

But check the link Andy provided as Tony and Ryder have done a good job to put up the info ;)

• 3 months later...

Okay. I realize I'm on a 32 bit platfororm and its not even DFI but I just want to vouch for OCZ Platinum EL Rev.2 TCCD . For those willing to go over the warranted 2.9v I was ultimatly able to get 245mhz at 2-2-2-5 2T with 3.07v.

I also get the following results at the same voltage . . . . and 2x80mm fans cooling my ram :

250mhz @ 2-3-3-6 2T ( stable in memtest86 and P95 but due to CPU no clue on game stability )

240mhz @ 2-2-2-3 2T ( currently in use )

Due to the limitations of my board ( wish I had a LanParty NFII Ultra-B ) I can not get my system stable beyond a 250mhz FSB in anything and games arent stable past 245mhz for me. This is not a fault of the ram though. OCZ made a godly TCCD combo with the BP PCB they put it on.

Seeing as my ram's warranty is already voided I'll be peeling the spreaders off to see if it's actually TCCD or an exceptional TCC5 setup.

And I have even heard of one guy that got this specefic ram to do 250mhz @ 2-2-2-5 2T 3.2v though I've been unable to get him to reply to me to find out what all he did for that.

For P95 the longest run I did for a stability check was 14hrs20min with the ram at 240.5mhz @ 2-2-2-5 2T 3.07v

... but the majority of us ... find that the old boards overclock much much better, and honestly have less problems."

So, are there, does this apply to the UT Nf4 Ultra-D? Should I expect higher overclocks with the one I have thats a year and a half old, then with the one I just bought? I was planning on putting the NEW one in my sons build, but I dont intend to OC that machine much.

• 5 months later...