OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Suscribed.... i go @ 280 2,5-3-3-5 2.7V, more than 280 i need to raise to 2,5-4-3-7 getting 300 at 2,5-4-4-7 2.9V so 300x9 its enough for me :D

I will try some settings i've seen here from viper.

Looking mighty good. my man!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, go ahead and try the 310 BIOS. I have had good luck with it. Start with all DRAM Section settings at auto except for the memory timings at 2.5-4-6-3 as shown in BIOS. Use 1.3v LDT, 1.7v Chipset and 1.30v VID and 123% Special VID. This should give you 1.55v on the CPU. Adjust up from there if you need.

If this gets you all happy, you are there. If not start try using some of the posted settings as a reference, but realize no 2 boards or CPU really are the same. Play with timings, especially Tref. Try Tref at 2560 and 3072.

Could you let me know what board revision you have. Look on the bottom side of the notto PCI slot. It wil be something like R.A02 or R.AA0.

Thanks

Its an A01..

And Im stable at * 230*11 now since I put the tref to 4708.

Now Im Memtest86+ stable at 10*245 (and I think i can push this a bit more) but Im torturetest stable at just 230*11. Now Ive tried to lower the multi and it shows the same issues when going over 245. And i can bench (Prime95) at 235 but cant run a torturetest.

Its always test 8 in memtest that craps out. so I have 3 questions:

1) what does test 8 really do and how does it work?

2) what does the standard torturetest (Prime95) do and what differetiates that to the standard benchmarking?

3) What does tref do and how does it work? (since it obviously impacts my setup Id like to know what it is Im playing with :O).

Chees

Any links or answers

Okay, I have a problem if Andy or anyone can help resolve.

Built the system in my sig this weeked. I initially flashed to the 310 bios in hopes of avoiding some of the conflicts others have had with the 3200 plat. rev. 2 sticks.

Before installing the MoBo in the case, I then wanted to test each stick using Memtest86 1.51 individually. After clearing CMOS after the bios flash, and setting optimized defaults, I disabled some unecessary devices and upped the vDIMM to 2.8. Everything else was set to the default with mem timings reported as 2-3-2-5. Both sticks passed with zero errors after 5 passes individually in memtest86.

I then put in only one stick and installed windows XP pro without a hitch. Did some preliminary stability testing etc. using prime95 and 3dmark. Things seemed stable with the single stick on the board and CPU. Decided to go ahead and put the second stick in now to check out dual channel performance.

At this point I went ahead used memtest again with both sticks simultaneously. Decided to change the tRAS to 7 since it seems this offers better performace usually. With the timings now 2-3-2-7, memtest went through 10 passes with again 0 errors.

Feeling pretty good I went ahead and rebooted into windows. No dice, and now a blue screen. Okay I thought, maybe more voltage, so I upped the vDIMM to 2.9v. Okay, that seemed to do the trick. Did some more stability testing in windows and things seemed okay with the extra juice.

A few reboots later with no problems, I suddenly got a BSOD again right as windows is getting ready to go to the welcome screen. So now I relaxed the timings to 2.5-4-4-7 and as of this morning I can get back to the desktop.

My concern is that I just want to get stable at stock speed and close to the RAM's spec of 2-2-2-5. I thought my intial timings being somewhat looser would help assure stability but that seems to not be the case. It seems that something is definitely amiss when running these babies in dual channel with tight timings.

Sorry for the long post, but any advice?

I dont know about those stock 2-2-2-5, because i have at 200 2-3-2-5 since the beginning :S But im happy with 280 at 2,5-3-3-5 at 2.7V or 300 at 2.5-4-4-7 with 2.9V

Which is the maximum speed reached? i will try 315x8 2.5-4-4-8 ....

Guest hazard

hey guys...i bought a dfi sli-dr board just yesterday after having some troubles with another... well i put the board in everything goes fine and i start it up and it tells me i need to have my memory in slots 2 and 4 for dual channel .. well i tried that and got nothing .. everything in my memory settings set to auto .. i am using corsair xms pro series pc3200 ram. i also tried it with some ocz crap stuff i had and still it just beeps at me ..diagnostic lets show three lights. did i get a board with a dead ram slot if that that would suck

Okay, I have a problem if Andy or anyone can help resolve.

Built the system in my sig this weeked. I initially flashed to the 310 bios in hopes of avoiding some of the conflicts others have had with the 3200 plat. rev. 2 sticks.

Before installing the MoBo in the case, I then wanted to test each stick using Memtest86 1.51 individually. After clearing CMOS after the bios flash, and setting optimized defaults, I disabled some unecessary devices and upped the vDIMM to 2.8. Everything else was set to the default with mem timings reported as 2-3-2-5. Both sticks passed with zero errors after 5 passes individually in memtest86.

I then put in only one stick and installed windows XP pro without a hitch. Did some preliminary stability testing etc. using prime95 and 3dmark. Things seemed stable with the single stick on the board and CPU. Decided to go ahead and put the second stick in now to check out dual channel performance.

At this point I went ahead used memtest again with both sticks simultaneously. Decided to change the tRAS to 7 since it seems this offers better performace usually. With the timings now 2-3-2-7, memtest went through 10 passes with again 0 errors.

Feeling pretty good I went ahead and rebooted into windows. No dice, and now a blue screen. Okay I thought, maybe more voltage, so I upped the vDIMM to 2.9v. Okay, that seemed to do the trick. Did some more stability testing in windows and things seemed okay with the extra juice.

A few reboots later with no problems, I suddenly got a BSOD again right as windows is getting ready to go to the welcome screen. So now I relaxed the timings to 2.5-4-4-7 and as of this morning I can get back to the desktop.

My concern is that I just want to get stable at stock speed and close to the RAM's spec of 2-2-2-5. I thought my intial timings being somewhat looser would help assure stability but that seems to not be the case. It seems that something is definitely amiss when running these babies in dual channel with tight timings.

Sorry for the long post, but any advice?

Try updating to bios 3/10 with that bios I can run my sticks at 2-2-2-5 at the default 200MHZ.. but without the bios I always had to use 2-3-2-5.. I have used 2.5-4-3-7 upto 278 HTT and my system seems to be stable (8M SuperPi, encoding and decoding 700MB AVI files, burning DVD's, 3DMark, too lazy for prime)..

With the timings in my sig, I am running 2.6GHZ now.. if you do a search for OCZ Plat 2 I have a topic started where I posted my bios settings which may help you get started when you are doing some oc'ing.. hope all goes well..

Try updating to bios 3/10 with that bios I can run my sticks at 2-2-2-5 at the default 200MHZ.. but without the bios I always had to use 2-3-2-5.. I have used 2.5-4-3-7 upto 278 HTT and my system seems to be stable (8M SuperPi, encoding and decoding 700MB AVI files, burning DVD's, 3DMark, too lazy for prime)..

With the timings in my sig, I am running 2.6GHZ now.. if you do a search for OCZ Plat 2 I have a topic started where I posted my bios settings which may help you get started when you are doing some oc'ing.. hope all goes well..

Thanks, but as I stated at the beginning of the post (long I know), I updated to the 3/10 bios right off the bat. Any other tips to get stable with those timings at 200Mhz stock?

hey guys...i bought a dfi sli-dr board just yesterday after having some troubles with another... well i put the board in everything goes fine and i start it up and it tells me i need to have my memory in slots 2 and 4 for dual channel .. well i tried that and got nothing .. everything in my memory settings set to auto .. i am using corsair xms pro series pc3200 ram. i also tried it with some ocz crap stuff i had and still it just beeps at me ..diagnostic lets show three lights. did i get a board with a dead ram slot if that that would suck

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Guest hazard

ok i hope that those help as stated in my signature most everything is at stock settings as i havent been able to get dual channel working at all.... so ram is in slots 1and2

Its an A01..

And Im stable at * 230*11 now since I put the tref to 4708.

Now Im Memtest86+ stable at 10*245 (and I think i can push this a bit more) but Im torturetest stable at just 230*11. Now Ive tried to lower the multi and it shows the same issues when going over 245. And i can bench (Prime95) at 235 but cant run a torturetest.

Its always test 8 in memtest that craps out. so I have 3 questions:

1) what does test 8 really do and how does it work?

2) what does the standard torturetest (Prime95) do and what differetiates that to the standard benchmarking?

3) What does tref do and how does it work? (since it obviously impacts my setup Id like to know what it is Im playing with :O).

Chees

Any links or answers

Test 8 in memtest is a tougher test 5 basically.

I always use the the Toture Blend Test in P95. http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm has more info.

In a nutshell, Tref is the alloted time for the board and chipset to clear data for new data to come in. This is why a bad Tref causes errors everywhere and not only test 5 and 8. It's not specific to memory, and the wrong value hoses everything.

Hope this helps.

Hi there.

I am memtest86 free error at 290 1:1, but can´t go higher.

Cas2.5 8-4-4 i have tried and also 3V vdimm, no way, the lowest errors number i could get was 44 errors.

So... maybe some weird latency/timing i has to tweak??

I have the timings like this (change them from cas2.5 7-4-3 to cas2.5 8-4-4 for 290 ;))

Any idea?? or just my mem is not gonna go farther?? :confused:

Also a WEIRD, WEIRD eh ;) problem, 270x10 1:1 with thouse timings, almost stable --> 16 hours stable TORTURE TEST nº2, i can do whatever you want, almost rock solid, except that if i try both memory bandwidth from Sandra And Science Mark 2.0, blue screen and memory overflow... NOT ALWAYS but 80% times a try it does :confused: :confused:. It happens when i pass 240 htt.

Test 8 in memtest is a tougher test 5 basically.

I always use the the Toture Blend Test in P95. http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm has more info.

In a nutshell, Tref is the alloted time for the board and chipset to clear data for new data to come in. This is why a bad Tref causes errors everywhere and not only test 5 and 8. It's not specific to memory, and the wrong value hoses everything.

Hope this helps.

Yesterday evening (this morning) I found 1 of the culprits thats been forcing me to stay low. The memcontroller on my core is one sleepy & hungry SOB. It doesen't wake up until I hit 1.55V and doesn'T get out of bed b4 1.62V and when Ive ccoked it a1.68V breakfast Im going somewhere. Right now Im at 11*250 = 2751 MegaHurts ;) and Im stable through 2 full passes of memtest86+ v 1.51 and I can bencmark it in Prime95 BUT a torturetest (The Lehman (sic) calculations fail within 2-3 seconds. When i back down to 240 (2640) I the torturetest runs for 20 seconds...

Well it looks like Im gonne start postin in the OC threads about my other issues now thank for the help and for taking the time to come here and have a "support thread".

Memory now at 250 3-3-3-6 2.84V

Cheers