Sign in to follow this  
iky10

3 LED's...wat could be wrong...mobo or cpu

i jus tried a pci graphics..cos my ati x800xl...was jus not workin prop...also once it went down...all i started gettin was 3 leds...i first tried the pci graphics card in my otha system...it worked there but doesnt work in the DFI mobo which i bought recently..i only hav 2 options left...either the mobo isnt working properly or the cpu is not working...cpu fan spins...but jues get 3 leds..nothin on screen...

i jus tried a pci graphics..cos my ati x800xl...was jus not workin prop...also once it went down...all i started gettin was 3 leds...i first tried the pci graphics card in my otha system...it worked there but doesnt work in the DFI mobo which i bought recently..i only hav 2 options left...either the mobo isnt working properly or the cpu is not working...cpu fan spins...but jues get 3 leds..nothin on screen...

If i recall correctly :

4 leds is CPU not detected

3 leds is DRAM not detected

Make sure you start with 1 dimm and insert it in slot 2 (orange slot second from the top of the board).

Him

the thing is the mem...works in my old system...which is an AMD 3000+ - a7v600-x, 5900xt and audigy 2....the mem doesnt work in my dfi..am gona giv the mobo and cpu to ma mate 2marow...to check it..cos he got a 939 system aswell..and he got diff mem...am gona giv him the pci graphics card to test it...hope if u guys are right...then i'l be lookin for new mem very soon...

I had the same problem with my sapphire"s X800Xl

The boot stop at 3 led and sometime the power led light not permanently.

If i place the card in the other 16x slot or completly unplugged it the boot goes to the first led and then shut down computer.

I must clear off the connector (with my finger on the gold connections) and plug in it firmly, then it boot up... :confused:

I'm thinking it was a fabrication default of the graphic card 4 of the connectors are most shiny than the others...