progress report on 1:1 divider issue with PQI PC4000

Well as some of you know i'm having a hell of a time getting this SOB to run a 1:1 (200) divider with my DDR500 (250x2) now we all know it should be a straightforward process of HTT 4x 1:1 divider and "FSB" set to 250, this, nomatter what, will not work, period. The absolute best I can get with that setup is 215 "FSB" and thats it. As of right now its nothing but a dead end and its more than likely a problem with the SLI-D BIOS, to help lay this to rest I've consulted memtest86+ 1.51 and setting a divider of 56 (166) with this divider HTT ive managed to bump up to 260, so problem solved right? Nope.

Consulting memtest solidifies this is not a fix, the DDR is still only running @ DDR434, the same total as with the 1:1 divider. Although this is not a permanent fix it is a nice temporary fix as it will allow you to OC your CPU, in my case up to 2.6GHz (260x10) and you will be able to put some bandwidth in too, itll just only be slightly higher than the 1:1 divider equivilent, on 1:1 expect roughly 6.3GBs @ 215, and @ 5:6 260 expect 6.4GBs

As of right now this is the best fix I can come up with, its frustrating to say the least and to be blunt its inexcusable that the most commonly used divider would seemingly have a HUGE bug, or if not the divider a serious memory compatability issue with the BIOS, now i'm NOT putting the blame on any of the DFI BIOS team as they do a great job, and lord knows mistakes do happen, but at the same time it would be nice if they could look into this as I am by far not the only one with this problem.

Well hope this helps at least some of you with the same or simalar problem.

As soon as i get my board and my memory (both the same as yours), I'll let you know what mine does. Hopefully i get my stuff before the weekend, but it seems that they somehow forgot to ship my memory and therefore I prolly will be limited to test with my regular mushkin green budget 3200 memory until beginning of next week :(

That sucks man :( i hate it when stuff is missing from an order its such a pain in the arse. got some more info to report now too, the modules on my DDR500 are Hynix HY5DU56822CT-D5, some of the worlds fastest chips for that speed, if not THE FASTEST and these chips are known to clock to a staggering 275 (DDR550) so its now 100% boneified varified unqestionable that the memory modules are not the problem here.

I got hynix by luck, thats it. didnt say what chips were being used where i got mine from. if im getting this much trouble with hynix chips id brace yourself for your comp not even booting with the TCCD chips :(

I'm running the TCCD PQIs, and I never run anything other than 1:1. My only complaint with them is that Trp always has to be one higher than I'd expect/hope. They are rated at 2.5-3-3-7 at 250, but will only run 2.5-3-4-7. They run solidly at 3-4-4-9 at 294, 1:1.

do you know the whole memory configuration? such as the row cycle time etc? after further memory exploration ive come to the final conclusion this problem people are having is a BIOS memory compatability problem, ive run my DDR500 modules in single channel even, and even one stick @ DDR500 single channel will not boot, if anyone has any other possibility apart from the conclusion ive come to then please post, many ppl are having this problem.

I hear you saying Pqi Turbo has gone hynix at the PC4000 rating? At least for your two sticks? At this time? I don't have any hynix module based memory stick to test with and in general with the likes of Gskil out there running DDR700+ for some user, I doubt Hynix D-5 to be the fastest memory around.

I "know" AG has some Hynix Ocz that is somewhat problematic for him but again I have none to really sit down and see if it can be sorted out. Let me get in touch with the office in CA and see if I can get some Hynix and test a setup that might in fact be workable.

TW has been notified by me about Hynix previously and if I had what you have for memory > I would RMA the stuff so I could go on with my life. You could be a while waiting when TCCD in general flies on the boards. That is how I would approach this situation at this time. I have no time to wait when Pqi Turbo is not working when I know they make working memory. It is a valid thought to consider from the time standpoint and fact that puter is at your place.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

That sucks man :( i hate it when stuff is missing from an order its such a pain in the arse. got some more info to report now too, the modules on my DDR500 are Hynix HY5DU56822CT-D5, some of the worlds fastest chips for that speed, if not THE FASTEST and these chips are known to clock to a staggering 275 (DDR550) so its now 100% boneified varified unqestionable that the memory modules are not the problem here.