Poor Overclocking Newer (ie:0503) Winchester Owners - Check This Out!

AndyOCZ

My CPU AMD 64 |3000+ ATHLON 939P 90 RT runs at 290fsb 1.425 with 110%.

All day all night. Prime95 stable. Untill one stick of my TCCD went bad all was well. Ram is 1:1 290 1T 2.5 3 3 8. 1.6 volt.

2.6 Ghz from a 1.8 Ghz proc seems pretty good. And ram flies at 580mhz

So for my part the Winchester is a bargain!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some great new results.

I could not get my 0502 3200 A64 to go past 210 on this DFI board with my DDR 434 Kingston HyperX ram (I think it was called Bh-6 back in teh Nforce 2 days?) Now, mind you, when I went any higher I did clock the RAM down to 180 or 166 ....to get it within the DDR 434 spec. The PC would crash miserably.

So I bought this G.Skill 1BLC from Newegg that arrived yesterday. The results are astounding.

I'm currently at 280x9 with 1.525+123% rock stable prime for 6 hours so far, I plan to run it overnight tonight. The RAM is left happy at 200mhz 2.7 volts. THis also leaves HT a bit high at 1120 but this system is rock stable.

Most people aren't talking about the 1GBLC but it truly has opened up the doors to this system!! When I took it out of the box I just knew I had made a mistake - no heatspreaders! Those things must just be for looks!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-231-002&depa=0

Now, when this thing boots up it says the RAM is at 400mhz. I guess it's just reading the set value with no overclocking.

How do I know what timings this thing is running in with my values set on AUTO? I suppose I should plug them in...the CPU-Z gives me two tables that suggests at this speed it may be running at CL3, but the BIOS when posting says 2.5 (?)

this reminds me that I need to edit my signature!

Hello DFI people, this is my first post ever

Reason for me being here is cos i'm going to get a Ultra-D board soon and i was recommended to come here to learn more about DFI.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether there's a table of results for each weeks chips or something that i could look at. I know the new 050x chips are pretty crappy but i want to see if any of the newer chips eg. 051x are any good.

Cheers

Yubbo (Australia)

xtreme forums might have such a list, but i have not seen one around here

my CAAZC 0440 3500+ Newcastle cpu does 2750Mhz, 10hours Prime95 stable, all benchmarks and games completely stable @ 1.57v (250x11 @ 3.4v vdimm, BH-5 memory)

my Winchester 3200+ doesn't want to do more than 2475Mhz stable no matter what i do to it

In Australia we get those CAA2C Chips... crippled FX-55 chips that go to 2.8Ghz with stock cooling. These are Newcastle cores with same steppings as FX-55. These are the 0505 and 0507 chips. Was thinking of getting one of those but Venice seems better and cheaper if i can pick up a 3200+.

Can you recommend me some budget RAM that can overclock? I was thinking of Geil DDR400 Value w/heatspreaders. They are AU$90.

Hello DFI people, this is my first post ever

Reason for me being here is cos i'm going to get a Ultra-D board soon and i was recommended to come here to learn more about DFI.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether there's a table of results for each weeks chips or something that i could look at. I know the new 050x chips are pretty crappy but i want to see if any of the newer chips eg. 051x are any good.

Cheers

Yubbo (Australia)

Go here Its the CPU chart of cfEclipse at Hardforum. The only thing is that its a CPU chart independent on MoBo so from a DFI perspective its not so useful.

Tried to play around with the vid controls to see if I could squeeze some more OC out of my winnie but no success... no matter what variables I set (not tested all yet) my voltage definitions never change either on cpuz or smartguardian. Tried playing from 1,425 up to 1,55 and with % but values little changed even when setting values in excess of 1,6x total. Not tried to go as high as 1,65 since I like my CPU, being a dog as it is... :shake:

occt stable, 24 hours Prime/memtest stable, 16Mb SPi stable @2553Mhz / 253*10 1:1

I've seen values on this thread in excess of vid 1,7x -> are these values safe on air?! I had the idea that anything above 1,65 would be asking for trouble :O

Guest sealion
In Australia we get those CAA2C Chips... crippled FX-55 chips that go to 2.8Ghz with stock cooling. These are Newcastle cores with same steppings as FX-55. These are the 0505 and 0507 chips. Was thinking of getting one of those but Venice seems better and cheaper if i can pick up a 3200+.

Can you recommend me some budget RAM that can overclock? I was thinking of Geil DDR400 Value w/heatspreaders. They are AU$90.

Twinmos!!! I hear people getting 240-260mhz with those (maybe more?).

Tried to play around with the vid controls to see if I could squeeze some more OC out of my winnie but no success... no matter what variables I set (not tested all yet) my voltage definitions never change either on cpuz or smartguardian. Tried playing from 1,425 up to 1,55 and with % but values little changed even when setting values in excess of 1,6x total. Not tried to go as high as 1,65 since I like my CPU, being a dog as it is... :shake:

occt stable, 24 hours Prime/memtest stable, 16Mb SPi stable @2553Mhz / 253*10 1:1

I've seen values on this thread in excess of vid 1,7x -> are these values safe on air?! I had the idea that anything above 1,65 would be asking for trouble :O

It is. I be carfull watch your temps and go up slow when you do. M temps skyrocketed on air with just a few tenths of a volt up there.