DFI Optical SPDIF Bracket?

Well, I've given up after months of looking for one, but the manual, reviews, etc. all claim that there is an optional SPDIF bracket for use with the internal SPDIF header that has optical out on it.

I sent $5 to DFI a few months ago and the lady assured me she would get me the optical bracket, but I recieved the coaxial bracket instead and was told they didn't have the optical one anymore.

Just checking one more time, does such a thing even exist?

I'm sure it does.

The actually connection to it is probably universal with other boards.

I have'nt looked for it myself but it's a guess.

There's only like 3 wires that go to it if I remember right (been a very long time since I looked at the connector diagrams).

I'm sure it does.

The actually connection to it is probably universal with other boards.

I have'nt looked for it myself but it's a guess.

There's only like 3 wires that go to it if I remember right (been a very long time since I looked at the connector diagrams).

It's 4 pins and one key. I don't know the pinout so I can't wire up one myself even though I have an SPDIF bracket from a Soyo board but that one has 10 wires!

It's frustrating, I looked for one for months and never found one.

I know a swedish web shop who sells one, http://www.shg.biz/link.asp?goto=infobox&varenr=310463 (you will have to check the box to accept cookies before you can enter the page). it cost's about $13,5.

I can't read Swedish, does it say if it's optical SPDIF? Because I contacted DFI and they sent me a coaxial SPDIF card claiming it's all they had.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Paint a white one black

sigh yes that's the first reply i expected... but i'm too lazy and picky about getting paint all over the led's, and before you say take them out..... nope don't want to break them (you kno they will)