I/O Sheild Not matching with rear I/O Ports

yes, the thread seems to add a touch more confusion with every post. :)

I'm still not following this part

"top-pod" ? "underneath" ? Inquiring minds want to know.

This is the pod that holds the cabling for the topside USB/1394/Audio. Thermaltake's design on a lot of thier cases is to mount these on the top rather than the front. So, there is a little plastic pod that hangs from the top of the case. (see the attached pic).

From there the cables hang down top to bottom. It would be a neater cable job to run them under the board rather than in front.

-J

Neatness is next to Geekiness.

I have run as much as possible under the mobo. It usually took two or three tries to get everything just right. Normally there isn't enough room to cross cables on top of one another under the mobo so it takes planning.

With my Antec cases there is very little if anything to run under the mobo so life has been much easier. Looking at the two rigs running right now, the only thing run under the mobo is a fan sensor for an Enermax PSU.

Every other wire runs just under the outside edge of the mobo or quickly disappears behind the drive cages. A good mobo design helps a lot.

J Nice I have that cable off to the side with everything else, used cable ties + running cables around the right hand side of the case behind the panel.

I need a pic to show ya but I don't have one, it took about 40mins to get everthing all neat :) and how I wanted it

No doubt, neatness is next to geekiness.

Also, AuX, thanks for the info, sounds like what I will try and do, Run the to the right. 40 mins is totally worth it!

BTW, since you're up and running, are the 120mm fans ok? Quiet or loud?