I/O Sheild Not matching with rear I/O Ports

Having serious problems mounting my Ultra-D in my Tsunami case.

If I put the I/O shield in first, and put match all the rear I/O port connections to the I/O shield, none of the holes on the board match the holes in the case.

If I mount the board first, matching all of the holes correctly, and then try to put the I/O shield in, the rear panel I/O and the I/O shield do not match up.

Anyone have any advice? This has the most difficult board to mount.

Thanks,

J

sounds more like a case issue, or you dont have the mobo lined up correctly in the case etc. I've installed the NF4 in 5 different cases (or mobo mounts) and all lined up correctly with the I/O shield.

put the I/O shield against the back I/O panel without putting it in a case and make sure they line up correctly...and make sure all the tabs are popped out of the shield where needed.

I just mounted my board and I/O shield in my Tsunami case a couple of hours ago, with no issues. I had to pop out 3 tabs (S/PDIF and firewire connectors), and bend one more out of the way (the lower LAN connector). I just popped in the shield from inside the case, and then dropped in the board.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but do you have the shield flipped upside down or inside out?

Dudes I feel so stupid. Could the reason everything did not line up correctly is because I did not use standoffs? It dawned on me that the copper colored screws with the holes on the top are standoffs (I think).

Also, I started another thread, cause I think I killed something by not using standoffs and the board was touching the case. Sucks.

Dudes I feel so stupid. Could the reason everything did not line up correctly is because I did not use standoffs? It dawned on me that the copper colored screws with the holes on the top are standoffs (I think).

Also, I started another thread, cause I think I killed something by not using standoffs and the board was touching the case. Sucks.

Ah, yes, that could very well be it! :D

yes, the thread seems to add a touch more confusion with every post. :)

seems the lack of standoffs put the board too low to mate with the I/O shield. This makes three peeps that didn't use standoffs in the last week. I'm sure many of us did it on our 1st build (blushing).

I've had enough different cases to know that the standoffs that are supplied with case may be of different heights (depending on the case). Couldn't hurt for DFI to put a notation in the manual.

(Maybe sumthin' like, "don't fergit to use the friggin standoffs"

I'm still not following this part

are you running the cables from the top-pod underneath or over the board?

"top-pod" ? "underneath" ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Couldn't hurt for DFI to put a notation in the manual.

(Maybe sumthin' like, "don't fergit to use the friggin standoffs"

im honestly of the mind (no offense to anyone) that if you don't know to put standoffs in your case to mount the motherboard...you should either

1. buy a Dell

2. read about how to build a computer before you go tossing in $1500+ worth of electronics in a metal cage and throwing the power switch.

True, lack of standoffs in the case would make quite the difference ;)

That said, the Tsunami Dream supplies I/O shield is about 1mm high, while the DFI one is 4mm. So I found that things didn't quite fit as I thought they should. Really interested in how mrtraver got it to work.