Listen UP Please...BOOT WHILE USB PLUGGED IN!!!

AS of 1:36AM CST March 12, 2005 there is a new 'official' bios on the DFI downloads site for the NF4 boards. Listen please. All with the 310 bios downloaded before the time I just posted above may throw that one AWAY. The new one in place has improvements for allowing bootup with USB device plugged in. That is the ONLY change to the bios supposedly but myself I would throw the OLD one out and use only the newer 310 with bootup with UsB device attached fix inside it.

For the grammatically challenged that means if you have the early official 310 bios and want UsB fix as well> throw out the old official 310 bios and go download the new 310 bios and give it a try for USB fix. It really is that simple.

310P is not proposing to have such fix in it as it is beta performance bios of some sort anyway.

One more time for the challenged. Go download new 310 NF4 'official' bios and see if the UsB no-boots is fixed for some of you.

RGone...

Great, now there are "old" 310s and "new" 310s. So much for version numbers meaning anything. I'd ask why the new one isn't called 312, but it's modification date is actually 3/10, although later in the day than the old one.

rgone fantastic news for the nf4 crowd. any chance you could pull a few strings with oskar and get him to release an ut250gb bios with the same fix. (yes it is a back burner issue as the nf3 mboards have been out for a while but i would like to see it fixed sometime.)

in any case, good post. nice to see the dfi support crew hard at work.

rgone fantastic news for the nf4 crowd. any chance you could pull a few strings with oskar and get him to release an ut250gb bios with the same fix. (yes it is a back burner issue as the nf3 mboards have been out for a while but i would like to see it fixed sometime.)

in any case, good post. nice to see the dfi support crew hard at work.

You know tristancarton, I have told them boys tuh TW to fix at dang UT250gb bout 6-7 weeks sum go. Mine hit don't boot with at least 3 USB devices I have either. Here on NF4 there was a difference against the NF3. They saw something they had fail to boot when hooked up to NF4. Hehehehe. Thank gawd for that. Because when I mentioned the NF3 they sent back that their UsB stuff booted and I really have not had time to chase down what does not work with NF3 by model and part number and every description known to man so they can get one of them and see if dorks their boot on NF3.

Which brings me to this, post """"exactly"""" what you have that does not boot when hooked up to UT250gb that is USB and fairly new so they can acquire one in TW and test it for themselves. If they can 'duplicate' the problem> well hale then they will fix it. Hehehehe. Gimme some real live UsB items that do NOT boot on the UT250gb and I will let TW know.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

Thanx a lot, RGone!!! :cool:

Just flashed mine with the new release and my USB probz are GONE!

Hot BeYahDeeyam, that is good man.

Proud to hear it worked for one user as that bios is a result of them finding or duplicating a UsB problem in TW. Hallelujiah.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

Actually, I had only one MAJOR problem.

After I finished setting up my system for the 1st time, I couldn't start the installation process of WinXp. It got stock @ the begining of the process, where the "Inspecting your ...." message pops-up. I had nothing to do but RESET.

I figured out that disabling "USB Keyboard/Mouse" function in bios fixed this problem and let me start installing the O/S. Now with this unique update, I can have those functions ENABLED without any worries.

Thanx again for keeping us informed, RGone!

Since I flashed with the "old" 3/10 and didn't have any issues, can I still flash to the "new" 3/10 bios, since I didn't have any issues with the 2/09 bios and flashed anyways to the "old" 3/10 out of boredom?!rotf.gif

BTW: I ran a Tref of 0780 and latency, Write, and Read in Everest where quite impressive, not to mention I gained 100pts in 3DMark01. :nod: These bios' are turning my 3500+ into an FX-55. :eek2:

Flash?moon.gif.........j/k.........*bumping* this to the top. DFI stable as a ROCK!

Sweet that DFI is pumpin out the bios'.............that's why I bought one, because DFI fixes things that other vendors fail to address.....................................still.

MSI Neo2 has HORRIFIC USB problems.....................has MSI fixed this yet?............NO...............the MSI forum moderators with tell you to start slicing and dicing your USB wiring in your case :eek: as an attempt to fix it.................crazy I tell ya.

Just my experiences here................no fanboyism intended.smackbum.gif

Since I flashed with the "old" 3/10 and didn't have any issues, can I still flash to the "new" 3/10 bios, since I didn't have any issues with the 2/09 bios and flashed anyways to the "old" 3/10 out of boredom?!rotf.gif

BTW: I ran a Tref of 0780 and latency, Write, and Read in Everest where quite impressive, not to mention I gained 100pts in 3DMark01. :nod: These bios' are turning my 3500+ into an FX-55. :eek2:

Flash?moon.gif.........j/k.........*bumping* this to the top. DFI stable as a ROCK!

Sweet that DFI is pumpin out the bios'.............that's why I bought one, because DFI fixes things that other vendors fail to address.....................................still.

MSI Neo2 has HORRIFIC USB problems.....................has MSI fixed this yet?............NO...............the MSI forum moderators with tell you to start slicing and dicing your USB wiring in your case :eek: as an attempt to fix it.................crazy I tell ya.

Just my experiences here................no fanboyism intended.smackbum.gif

Oh now I understand what no fanboyism is. Hehehehehehehe. Me thunks hit ees em fannyboyz whut ess duh mOse grummagically challenged anywhutue.

MeRGone...outuheah as dis hair nunfannyboyzim his keeling me.

ROTFLMAO... :nod: