Sign in to follow this  
Rabbi

AMD64 Turion Mobile

Tris, I would assume that Turion, Venice, San Diego, and this 3700+ 90nm (assuming San Diego) will all be available at about the same time. As you've probably seen, XS.org rumors are saying that Monarch is hoping to have Venice preorders over the weekend and possibly shipping May 6.

Will they work on DFI nF3 or not?

that is a very good question. one i would like answered as soon as possible :D

edit: note, this is in regards to the newark, 90nm mobile chips.

just wanted to update. well i am joining another guy at xs forums, vandi(from xs) is hooking both of us up with mt-34 turions. he received three mt-34s and one ml-37 today and i am grabbing one of them from him. so i should have a turion mt-34 by wed, thurs, or friday. i will update with results from my dfi ut250 later this week with alot of testing on saturday and sunday. (graduate in june with ece degree. have midterm and program due on friday so no extensive benching till then.)

hopefully i will be able to give you guys some benchies (and pics) later this week. i will also confirm compatibility with the ut250.

I am the other guy, and my MT-34 arrived today. :)

Instead of posting my results at all the forums I visit, I will just keep it all in my thread at EOCF. For anybody interested in Turion, just keep checking back here for all the latest.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...13&page=1&pp=20

would you mind posting a summary of what is going on bro?

it's just that I'm at work and this is bout the only forum not blocked by our IT Nazis

No problem.

Booted up in the DFI NF3 board fine. Even detected it as a Turion 64 MT-34. Looks like these sneaky guys at DFI slipped Turion microcodes into the new BIOS update. :D

Am currently seeing how far I can undervolt at default voltage. Am P95'ing at 1.1v right now. After I do this I'll get to the actual OC'g.

That's great news man, thanks for the update.

If you have time it would be cool to get the occasional update in this thread as well.

In particular I think most people are curious about Overclocking, Memory Controller, Temps

Thanks again frostedflakes :)