Sign in to follow this  
Rabbi

AMD64 Turion Mobile

What makes you think the memory controller is crap? Not saying that it isn't.... jus curious

You have PM

A lot of clawhammers have bad memory controllers. For instance, I can go to memtest and get no errors at DDR510. But I can only get to windows with an HTT less than 230. I've taken down the HTT multi to 3 and it still doesnt help. 10x240HTT doesnt even work! Also, ill be in windows with clockgen, and if I push the htt up past 230, windows will die. And by die, I mean a system file or two will corrupt and I'll have to reinstall windows.

Because it refuses to run at anything over 280htt 1:1. I consider that crappy compared to my past 64bit cpu's. Tried all bios's and different ram, TCCD, BH5 makes know difference. Thanks for PM.

A lot of clawhammers have bad memory controllers. For instance, I can go to memtest and get no errors at DDR510. But I can only get to windows with an HTT less than 230. I've taken down the HTT multi to 3 and it still doesnt help. 10x240HTT doesnt even work! Also, ill be in windows with clockgen, and if I push the htt up past 230, windows will die. And by die, I mean a system file or two will corrupt and I'll have to reinstall windows.

Might be something else...

What CPU multi are you using?

What LDT multi are you using?

PS, your sig says DDR550 2-2-2-12 3.2v.... either you have golden RAM, you are using a half divider, or you have made a mistake while typing your sig... cos that is THE best RAM on the planet!

Because it refuses to run at anything over 280htt 1:1. I consider that crappy compared to my past 64bit cpu's. Tried all bios's and different ram, TCCD, BH5 makes know difference. Thanks for PM.

better than my clawhammer. i can get to 234mhz max in windows. higher will give me random reboots unless i only have one stick in.

i can memtest up to 245mhz at 2.7v and 2.5-2-2-5 though. and i know the cpu can take higher speeds (using 9x cpu multi and 3x ht link multi)

baron and i are in the same boat, however, after talking to him, it seems that we both have the same concern of turion not hitting amazingly high speeds that one would suspect

Might be something else...

What CPU multi are you using?

What LDT multi are you using?

PS, your sig says DDR550 2-2-2-12 3.2v.... either you have golden RAM, you are using a half divider, or you have made a mistake while typing your sig... cos that is THE best RAM on the planet!

HEH....theres NO WAY hes running 275htt 1:1 @ 2-2-2 w/ only 3.2V...its impossible!

well mine newcastle is very poor overclocker, it isn't stabile at any setting, i i know that memory can handle clock from 400-500 and higher, but it justt isn't stabile at lower or higher clock, @ 250x10 isn't stabile at all prime crashes and games too.

well mine newcastle is very poor overclocker, it isn't stabile at any setting, i i know that memory can handle clock from 400-500 and higher, but it justt isn't stabile at lower or higher clock, @ 250x10 isn't stabile at all prime crashes and games too.

I dont think any A64 would overclock with that PSU combined with that video card...

I dont think any A64 would overclock with that PSU combined with that video card...

sorry but Tagan 380W PSU is more than enough to run this card and any components in computer overclocked high!

you could be right but i think it's CPU that is causing the problem, maybe one day i will buy some OCZ powerstream or something, what do you recommend?