How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

I followed the instructions, burned the CD and I got a Windows message saying :

File $OEM$nvraid.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 18. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

I double checked with the instructions but I can't see where I went wrong...any ideas?

NO, it works, BELIEVE ME.. it does, you did something wrong in the instructions.!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have tried 4 times now. I followed the instructions it loads the raid drivers on its own, format the aray. Loads Windows files then on a reboot cant find nvraid.sys push esc to skip to the next raid untill it says it cant load any of them even though they are already loaded. Then it goes to a BSOD.

Dont know which step I could be doing wrong seems a lot of people cant get this to work.

I followed the instructions, burned the CD and I got a Windows message saying :

File $OEM$nvraid.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 18. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

I double checked with the instructions but I can't see where I went wrong...any ideas?

Is it possible, that you have copied the NVIDIA Raid files into the wrong folder? They should be in the subfolder $OEM$$1DriversRAID and not in the folder $OEM$.

Another reason for your error could be, that you did not copy the compressed sys-files (nvatabus.sy_ and nvraid.sy_) into the I386 folder.

Im going to try and see if putting all the files in one folder works (instead of and IDE and RAID folder) and pointing the sif files to that one folder. This would simplify the process a lot as you would only have to copy all the files into one folder. So if Nvidia change any files it would only be a minor change to update the CD.

There is another possibility to make it easier for everyone:

It is not necessary to compress the SYS-files before copying them into the I386 folder, if the SourceDisksFiles section in the txtsetup.sif looks like this:

[sourceDisksFiles]

nvatabus.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4

nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4

Hello!

I have followed this guide to make a slipstreamed cd with Xp and NVraid drivers.

But something is not right, after the installation is complete, which works flawlessly and xp reboots then when loading Xp it just bsod.

I have tried several times with different cds. And copied the text directly from this guide.

Someone got an idea!

My System:

DFI Lanparty UT 250 Nforce 3

Amd 64 3200+ Newcastle

A-Data Winbond BH5 2x256 MB

Gainward Geforce FX 5950 Ultra

2x Maxtor 120 GB on NvRaid In Raid 0

2x Maxtor 120 GB on Silicon Image 3114 In Raid 0

Onboard sound

Macron 550 W PSU

Aopen 1640 Dvd Player

Nec 2510A Dvd Writer

At least I found an easier way to install the S-ATA and RAID drivers on a NF4 system without any floppy disk and without pressing F6 during setup. I have tested it several times on my system and each time my Raid0 array was correctly detected by the installation routine of Windows XP. The clou: At the end of the XP installation you will see, that the newest nForce IDE drivers are already correctly installed (the other drivers too, if you had integrated them)!

This is the way you have to do:

1. It is not necessary to make 2 different driver folders for your IDE and RAID driver files as Cythrawl proposed in STEP 2 of his instructions (see first topic). Just create 1 folder, name it "RAID" and put all things into this folder, which you find within the IDEWinXP folder of the NVIDIA driver package v. 6.53.

2. The driver path in the WNNT.SIF should only look like this:

OemPnPDriversPath = "DriversRAID"

3. Within the TXTSETUP.SIF the first lines of the SourceDisksFiles section should look like this:

[sourceDisksFiles]

nvatabus.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4

nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4

The other sections of the TXTSETUP.SIF should look like Cythrawl proposed in his STEP 3 description.

4. Just copy the 3 SYS files you find in the IDEWinXP folder of your NVIDIA driver package (nvatabus.sys, nvraid.sys and nvcchflt.sys, I don't know, if you really need the last one) into the I386 folder of your unattended XP-directory. It is not necessary to compress these SYS-files by "makecab" command, if the SourceDisksFiles section of the TXTSETUP.SIF looks like shown above!

5. Make the ISO file with nLite and burn your bootable CD - that's all.

Have fun.....

Excellent work Fernando. I was going to do the same thing but this week has been a personal hell (as of tuesday), so I hadnt got round to trying that out or updating the guide. I'll get round to it after I have killed the easter bunny with my trusty double barreled shotgun.... or maybe I should use my BFG.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't find the 2 following files, to include in the RAID folder :

Nvsataconnection.exe

Nvsataconnectionenu.dll

I downloaded the latest nforce driver, 5.10

Where can I find these 2 files ?

Thanks.

I own a DFI Lan Party UT Nf3 250 Gb. I saw that the latest nForce driver for this motherboard was the 5.10.

The 6.53 is intended for nF4 motherboards. So, is the 6.53 driver compatible with nf3 chipset ? Otherwise, if I must use only the 5.10, would I need the 2 sataconnection files ?

Thanks.

I own a DFI Lan Party UT Nf3 250 Gb. I saw that the latest nForce driver for this motherboard was the 5.10.

The 6.53 is intended for nF4 motherboards. So, is the 6.53 driver compatible with nf3 chipset ? Otherwise, if I must use only the 5.10, would I need the 2 sataconnection files ?

Sorry, I did not know, that you have the Lanparty UT Nf3 board (your topic had no signature). You are right, that v. 6.53 were made for nForce4 chipset.

You only need the raidtool files if you have built a raid array.

If you do not find the files in the driver package v. 5.10, take the version 6.14. This is a unified version (for all nForce chipsets) of the NVIDIA nForce driver package. Although its only beta, I had good results with this version with my former nForce2 mainboard.