How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

If you had followed all instructions of Cythrawl, then you should find the file, because the file winnt.sif is built by nLite during configuration of the unattended install CD.

Otherwise you have to use the tool deploy.cab to create the winnt.sif.

You can find the tool on your original Windows XP CD within the foder "Support":

SupportToolsDEPLOY.CAB

@ Cythrawl:

Congratulations for your big work!

There is only 1 question for me: Is it really necessary to put the 2 sys-files in a packed format into the drivers folders? I thought, that these compressed files are only needed within the I386 folder. If I am right, you can compress the files directly into the I386 folder. So there would be no need to copy them.

That part is very unclear in the original instructions, because it is only "suggested" to do an unattended install. I tried this and got the same problem, because I didn't want an unattended install, but now I did just putting in my name.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That part is very unclear in the original instructions, because it is only "suggested" to do an unattended install. I tried this and got the same problem, because I didn't want an unattended install, but now I did just putting in my name.

Edited the guide to make it clearer on this point.

Any more help on this guide is also appreciated.

I just slipstreamed a cd w/ EXACT instructions that you gave. I downloaded nvidia nforce 6.53 standalone drivers and used that. I have done this 2-3 times. Everytime windows goes to "installing devices" I get this message:

"Setup cannot copy the file nvcchflt.sys

Ensure that the location specified below is correct or change it & insert 'SRCDATA' in the drive you specify.

Copy files from:

C:driverside ...........................(Selections are: Retry, Cancel or Browse"

I am at my wits end w/ this and am about ready to give up! I'ts driving me nuts! :eek:

Edited the guide to make it clearer on this point.

Any more help on this guide is also appreciated.

In your instructions, it says, : "Close and save the file."

It should read instead: "Save and close the file".

Well, you asked. :D

I just slipstreamed a cd w/ EXACT instructions that you gave. I downloaded nvidia nforce 6.53 standalone drivers and used that. I have done this 2-3 times. Everytime windows goes to "installing devices" I get this message:

"Setup cannot copy the file nvcchflt.sys

Ensure that the location specified below is correct or change it & insert 'SRCDATA' in the drive you specify.

Copy files from:

C:driverside ...........................(Selections are: Retry, Cancel or Browse"

I am at my wits end w/ this and am about ready to give up! I'ts driving me nuts! :eek:

I have again updated the Guide. There is an extra file thats appeared with the New release of drivers.

I am going to try something out in the next few days that should simplify this a lot and make it "Future Proof" Stay tuned...

Ok there is an extra file also called...nvraidwizard.dll

Is that needed in any folder, it is not mentioned.

Actually its in the old 6.39 drivers too. I dont think its needed, but I have added it to the Guide ... just in case...

Ok, now that I burned enough coasters for our next 100 person get-together, I have just burned another w/ all the discussed updates.

Here we go, ready to shut down and re-install, will let you know here how it goes.

Ok, now that I burned enough coasters for our next 100 person get-together, I have just burned another w/ all the discussed updates.

Here we go, ready to shut down and re-install, will let you know here how it goes.

LOL. Im sorry man. I Thought I had covered all the stuff, but with the new drivers it seems that wasnt the case.

Hope this works for you.