How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To do this you will need the following:

Step 2 : Getting SATA Drivers ready and intregated.

Copy the following files from the NforceIDEWinXP folder into the IDE folder you just created:

Idecoi.dll

Nvata.cat

Nvatabus.sys

Nvcoi.dll

Then copy the following files into the RAID folder:

Nvide.nvu

Nvraid.cat

Nvraid.sys

Nvraidco.dll

Nvraidenu.dll

Nvraidman.exe

Nvraidservice.exe

Nvraidsvenu.dll

Nvraidwizardenu.dll

Nvsataconnection.exe

Nvsataconnectionenu.dll

Nvuide.exe

Regraid.bat

Good luck

Why did you exclude the INF-files nvatabus.inf and nvraid.inf? Do you really think, that WindowsXP does not need them?

eh had to burn 10 cd's and none of them work , iso's burned with nero and made my nlite :confused: , my floppy controller is acting as if its dead and with not fail at post but i cannot access it on windows ir in setup in screwed lol , anyone wanna buy my SATA hdd? :nod:

Why did you exclude the INF-files nvatabus.inf and nvraid.inf? Do you really think, that WindowsXP does not need them?

Oops my bad.. updated the guide...

I typed out the files list by hand, must have just not noticed them

Sorry everyone

:confused:

eh had to burn 10 cd's and none of them work , iso's burned with nero and made my nlite :confused: , my floppy controller is acting as if its dead and with not fail at post but i cannot access it on windows ir in setup in screwed lol , anyone wanna buy my SATA hdd? :nod:

LoN3r check here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...&highlight=Dang

Might be your problem right there :)

haha cythrawl thats why it didnt work the first time with me heheh.

now for the reason i found that my raid array didnt work... drumb roll pls apci dissabled!!

ya thats it its because i disabled apci in the bios.... one week of headach and crying desperation and just plain anger and all because of a setting i changed because with my nforce 2 i got better overclock and 3dmarks with it dissabled.

i know i know i should have read the manual that states that you must have apci enabled to use raid. oh wait there is no manual to setup the raid array haha nice dfi. i really wish dif made a real manual that actually explanes setup and a little about how to use different features.

well if anyone has raid setup problems on here again remember to tell them to turn on apci

but some good news!!

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER WINDOWS SETUP SAW MY RAID ARRAY AND NOT TWO SEPERATE DRIVES!!!!!!!! omg im so excieted the raid controller is not broke as i was not excited to take my watercooling off to send the board back. but when i first made that cd cythrawl windows would reboot or blue screen or once it said my password was bad or something hehe. im guessing its because i missed those files. well im off to redownload windows service pack 2 redistrubitable and nlite and more..... it sucks having only one pc to work with because i had to reformat just to post here and make another cd hehe oh well im just glad i finnally have progress

haha cythrawl thats why it didnt work the first time with me heheh.

now for the reason i found that my raid array didnt work... drumb roll pls apci dissabled!!

ya thats it its because i disabled apci in the bios.... one week of headach and crying desperation and just plain anger and all because of a setting i changed because with my nforce 2 i got better overclock and 3dmarks with it dissabled.

i know i know i should have read the manual that states that you must have apci enabled to use raid. oh wait there is no manual to setup the raid array haha nice dfi. i really wish dif made a real manual that actually explanes setup and a little about how to use different features.

well if anyone has raid setup problems on here again remember to tell them to turn on apci

but some good news!!

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER WINDOWS SETUP SAW MY RAID ARRAY AND NOT TWO SEPERATE DRIVES!!!!!!!! omg im so excieted the raid controller is not broke as i was not excited to take my watercooling off to send the board back. but when i first made that cd cythrawl windows would reboot or blue screen or once it said my password was bad or something hehe. im guessing its because i missed those files. well im off to redownload windows service pack 2 redistrubitable and nlite and more..... it sucks having only one pc to work with because i had to reformat just to post here and make another cd hehe oh well im just glad i finnally have progress

Nice one Nut_shot, glad to hear you got it working... Yes it does indeed suck only having one PC to work on. I would know, when I got this mobo 2 weeks ago I was in the same boat.. installing, burning, trying, re-installing, etc etc...

But once its working its all good. :)

Is there anyway to integrate the other drivers into the CDs too, eg. audio, both Gigabit LAN (basically the whole 6.39 NF4 drivers)? :P

Edit: Also, if possible, the Audigy2 ZS driver. :nod:

you can intregate both gigabit drivers using nLite AFAIK, nLite just doesnt do the SATA drivers properly for some reason. I hear its going to be fixed, but no idea when.

As far as the Audigy, I wish someone would work it out. I looked everywhere and no-one has done it sucessfully. :)