Sign in to follow this  
Cythrawl

How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

Hi!

I hope anyone can help me figger this out. I have slipstreamed my nvRaid drivers succesfully thanks to this guide!!! Good job on this guide!

But after i installed my windows i saw that the IDE SW-Driver is automaticly installed, but i don't want that.

Normally when you install the drivers of nForce in windows, it will prompt you to install it, but ofcourse during the unattended intall it doesn't.

So is there a way that i can install my windows with my slipstreamed nvraid drivers, but not install these IDE SW-Drivers :confused:

Thanks in advance!

P.S.

Anyone who had a blue screen reboot loop, i managed to fix it by looking to all the files i'm supposed to copy to the cd, i forgot to add "nvcchflt.sys" file in the RAID folder. So hope this little info might help some people.

Hi, Sorry Ihavent replied to this thread (or any others for that matter) Real Life kinda got in the way. The reason why the software IDE Drivers are installed is because (as far as I am aware) that they are required to run the NVRAID. I have tried to do a vanilla install of XP (no slipstream) with an F6 Disk install (Yes i have got it to work at long last) and it does the same thing. I think this is due to it needing the ATA.sys drivers AND the RAID drivers on install.

Correct me if im wrong tho.

:D

I have been punishing myself trying to get raid0 to work on this ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard with 2x80G Seagate SATA drives.

Every attempt at installing Windows XP Home using raid0 via the nForce4 chipset has resulted in a reboot, or BSOD. (tried riad1, with same results)

I've updated bios/drivers tried the slipsteamed methods, blah blah blah it all fails, I'm beginning to think this board may actually be faulty.

I finally managed to install windows but only but using the onboard silicon controller.

Then tried swapping the SATA Drive connections back to the nForce4 sockets 1&2 doing the things in bios, setting up the array etc etc, and it still reboots.

Swapped back to the silicon controller for now, but I'd prefer to use the nForce4 option, emailed ASUS suport, there has been no response, its been a very dissapointing and frustrating experience.

any advice welcome (ie remove asus mobo and replace with something that works?)

edit: if I install the PATA S/W driver my cd burner dissapears

Dear ASUS User

Due to vast number of connections online, the page that you requested cannot be displayed properly. Please re-connect using any of the following URL. Sorry for the inconvenience.

this is displayed everytime I visit :mad:

ASUS obviously has issues to resolve.

I wonder if this raid problem has anything to do with SATA NCQ, anyone using drives with this feature?

ok, the s/w pata controller in the 7.11 beta drivers pack fixed the cd-burner problem.

nvraid also now appears in device manager with these drivers.

though trying to boot windoze on it still results in a reboot loop.

oh well back to the 3114 I go....

Anyone got raid working via the nForce4 using 2 sata drives that support NCQ ?

or specifically the Seagate ST380817AS?

if so how? (you can assume that I tried all the above methods)

Dude your thread rocks! jus need to know one thing (hope i didn't miss it if someone mentioned it in this thread) though. How do you integrate other software to the unattended install--like say maybe Office or other small apps like winzip and Adobe reader? muchos gracias if you can help!

Just made my slipstream disk last night thanks to your excellent instructions!

Has SP2 w/ latest patches integrated, plus all the newb settings turned off. I like the nlite software, its very friendly!

Once I get my parts in and built, I will ty the disc. Im looking forward to it!

I am unable to find these two files; I pulled down the 5.10 unified drivers.

Nvsataconnection.exe

Nvsataconnectionenu.dll

Any ideas?

Hey bud, I ran into the same problem. Those two files are not included with the Unified Nvidia drivers. You have to get the Sandalone kit which includes the newest driver versions.

Dude your thread rocks! jus need to know one thing (hope i didn't miss it if someone mentioned it in this thread) though. How do you integrate other software to the unattended install--like say maybe Office or other small apps like winzip and Adobe reader? muchos gracias if you can help!

Sorry for the late reply.. Check HERE for info on what you need. Its pretty straight forward, but still not without some complications... Just remember to try out your CD on a DVD-RW (or CDRW) and a virtual machine (VMWare or Virtual PC) to make sure it works how you want it to before you go ahead and do your install proper.

Glad you like the thread. I have sucessfully intregrated the NVRAID drivers into Windows XP x64 and I will get round to updating the guide soon.

Of course as soon as nLite does all this properly then this guide will be null and void as it will be *MUCH* easier once its all GUI and two clicks and your done :).. But until then, I'll help out whoever I can. :nod: