How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. because you can't update the raid drivers once they're in.

Bzzzzt!!!! Wrong... when you update the drivers it also updates the raid drivers. Check your version numbers on the DLL's before AND after you have updated them...

You will find that even though you installed windows with older versions of the RAID drivers, they have mysteriously updated after you run a new driver update.

I have checked the version numbers before and after, and all updates excpet for the raid ones, while looking at each through the device manager.

Thats funny because when I check it on mine it updates them. Even just checked in x 64 and that changes them too

weird. Can you explain why the sysatabus.sys isn't showing up in my setapi.log file? Well, Fernando explained why, but I need a fix.

I personally havent got round to updating a slipstreamed CD since Nvidia changed the drivers from 6.39.. I noticed that they chenged the driver methods and filenames, etc and I havent had the time and the weather has been too good over here these past few weeks so I havent really been playing with stuff like that on the 'puter much lately. Sittling in an oven like house with a crappy AC that does noting kinda puts dampeners on sitting in front of a PC that generates even more heat into said house.. :)

I am going to try and slipstream Windows Media 2005 pretty soon and I will try the newest nvidia's on that , and I will let you know. Other than that, I cant really help you, sorry..

weird. Can you explain why the sysatabus.sys isn't showing up in my setapi.log file? Well, Fernando explained why, but I need a fix.

When you tried to install XP with your unattended CD, was your Raid array correctly detected by the setup (as 1 hard drive disk)?

When you tried to install XP with your unattended CD, was your Raid array correctly detected by the setup (as 1 hard drive disk)?

Yes. It asked me which drive I wanted to install to. The 146gig or the 6 gig. These are both actually the same drive, just partitioned. I have been using the 6gig for these trials.

OK, PM had that drive hidden, after I un-hid the drive I was able to view it in explorer.

The seterr.log has three files, that it specified is not properly signed by microsoft. They say "Setup detected that the system file named [d:windowssystem32syssetup.dll] is not signed properly

by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Also same thing for "driverstcpip.sys", and "system32uxtheme.dll".

These 3 "errors" are due to the fact, that you certainly have patched these files by nLite. This message has nothing to do with your problem installing Windows XP with integrated nForce PataRaid drivers from the package 6.66.

When I first read your post, I did not realize, that you had hidden the partition, where you tried to install XP, by PM. Does PM mean Partition Magic? That might be the reason for all your troubles. You may not use any partition tool (neither PM nor Acronis Disk Director Suite), when you have built a Raid array.

You have to do these things by Windows XP during installation (after the installation procedure has recognized your Raid) or from running XP (my computer - computer management - hard drive device management).

Actually Fernando you CAN use Partition Magic on a RAID drive... I have been using Partition Magic 8 on my RAID 0 Arrays for about 2 years, to create and resize partitions. You just have to make a bootable CD with the runtimes on and your are golden..

Either that or use the Windows Interface, but again I havent had ANY issues using PM8 on NVRAID and Intel RAID 0 Stripes...

@ Cythrawl:

This is new for me. As long as I had single IDE hard disk drives, I always used Acronis Partition Expert (new name is Disk Director Suite) as bootable CD for formatting and making partitions, but since I have my nForce Raid array, this program does not detect my partitions.

What do you mean with "Runtimes on"?