How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

that was the first one i tried...I'm using pata, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. All of the directions I've found are for sata only. Ive got a couple of the same errors as others on here. The one following this thread, started out good, but on the first reboot during install, it said ntdlr (or something like that) not found. The other error said a few letters, then the number 1394 i think. Also said it was either not found or missing. I'm thinking maybe the new 6.66 drivers require more files in the OEM folder(s) than what's listed on here, but not sure. I'm also trying to remove several things, like netmeeting, outlook express, all the basic drivers for hard drives, video cards, etc, that supposedly arent needed because I have my own. Maybe I'll try not removing ANYTHING, to see if that helps.

Maybe you took the wrong files. In the meanwhile I changed a little bit the text of my description concerning the integration of the Pata Raid drivers. Please have a look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=352404

Try the following: Put all files from the PATARAID subfolder into the folder OEMDIR. Maybe you are right and there are some co-drivers missing for a proper installation of the nForce drivers.

Good luck!

Fernando

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive tried your (fernando) methods, both of them(on the website, and your suggestions here using all pata files), and still not loaded completely. Although the both of these new methods have got me the furthest, still no go. I'm loading windows for the last time, after 2 reboots during install, and then a very quick BSOD, and then reboot. The bsod is so fast I can't see what it says. Then I have the option to load safe mode, and same thing. The only programs I removed was netmeeting and outloook express. There were a couple other (I would think) small settings, which I don't remember now, that I chose, but don't really think that would affect me actually getting in. I will try not changing anything next, but one of the reasons I want to do this is because I want to have a realitively small, short, install, using only what I actually use. I hate it when xp won't let me totally remove programs I don't want or ever use. Even when I know it doesn't use memory, and a very small amount of disk space, it's still mine and I don't want it. I really like nlite, and what it was designed for, but just can't get it with these methods to work for me.

Anyone else with pata raid, geforce video, 32 bit windows, getting these to work?

When you have a multi boot system, open the explorer and have a look on the partition you tried to install the new system. Whithin the Windows folder you will find some LOG-files. Open the setuperr.log and the setupapi.log. Maybe you can find the reason for your problems within these files.

well windows won't let me see the drive. maybe cause its' set to "logical", instead of primary, and/or cause im in fat32 now and the other one is ntfs. partition magic will let me see it, but wont open files. lets me copy but not paste to my fat32 drive to possibly see it.

well windows won't let me see the drive. maybe cause its' set to "logical", instead of primary, and/or cause im in fat32 now and the other one is ntfs. partition magic will let me see it, but wont open files. lets me copy but not paste to my fat32 drive to possibly see it.

I cannot believe, what you write. It is no problem at all, to read or copy something from a NTFS formatted partition, when you are within a FAT32 partition.

If you open the explorer and really do not see the drive (partition), where you tried to install a Windows OS, then should be something wrong with your running OS.

Have a look into the device manager and into the computer management!

Guest burningrave101

Why dont you guys just stick with slipstreaming the 6.53 nVRAID drivers for now until nLite gets fixed or whatever to handle the newer drivers and then just install the new 6.66 chipset drivers after you finish the OS install?

When you have a multi boot system, open the explorer and have a look on the partition you tried to install the new system. Whithin the Windows folder you will find some LOG-files. Open the setuperr.log and the setupapi.log. Maybe you can find the reason for your problems within these files.

OK, PM had that drive hidden, after I un-hid the drive I was able to view it in explorer. The seterr.log has three files, that it specified is not properly signed by microsoft. They say "Setup detected that the system file named [d:windowssystem32syssetup.dll] is not signed properly

by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Also same thing for "driverstcpip.sys", and "system32uxtheme.dll".

The setupapi.log is loaded with errors. Waaaay to many to list here.

What is the SFC utility? If I fix the first three you think I can atleast get into windows?

ok found sfc is system file checker, I ran it on that drive and still no go, must be one of the other hundred errors in the setapi.log

Use the search function within notepad, search for the file nvatabus.sys and look a few lines later, if this driver has been successfully installed.

If this is the case, your problem has a reason, that I don't know.

My tip: Wait for the expected new NVIDIA chipset driver package 8.03.