The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Im new to motherboard monitor.

Couple of questions,

1. Can MBM measure the videocard fan speed and temp?

2. Can the sys tray font color be changed? Its currently red, and I cant seem to find where to change the color, only the font and size.

3. Where can I find what the optimal temp should be for various parts. ie. motherboard, cpu, videocard, etc. My cpu temp is currently 35C, curious what it "should" be.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Can MBM measure the videocard fan speed and temp?

At this time MBM can display GPU/GPU ENV temps with the aid of ATITool (all thanks to WizZard at www.techpowerup.com ) ATITool allows you send the temps to a specific sensor that MBM5 can display. It can control fan speed on Newer ATI cards.

I have asked WizZard to look into modifications that would display Fan Speed, Core and memory clocks, and active pipelines. I hope he can find the time

At this time I know of No Program or of anyone that has successfully been able to send the NV readings to MBM5. I may have to break down and buy an NV card,

2. Can the sys tray font color be changed? Its currently red, and I cant seem to find where to change the color, only the font and size.

No, there is no way to do this at this time. For those of you that don't like stuff in your tray. You may want to try the on-screen display mode for the quick checks.

ie: Make sure you enable Hotkey under OSD settings and use the following script

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

Cntrl+Alt+M will bring up the onscreen display and the display time length can be adjusted as well. I believe default is 3 seconds. There is more info you can add to OSD and I'll try and expand on that in another post.

3. Where can I find what the optimal temp should be for various parts. ie. motherboard, cpu, videocard, etc. My cpu temp is currently 35C, curious what it "should" be.

hehehe, I guess Optimal temps would be as cold as you can get them. It will all depend on Voltage, cooling type, and air flow within the case. certainly 35 degress C is very typical for the cpu at Idle and many reach 50 degrees at load. You may find it interesting to compare voltage and temps after loading Optimized Defaults with you MBM5 readings.

1st of all DL the MBM program file (5.370) and install

Do NOT use the configuration Wizzard. Just close and reboot.

DownLoad the Configuration Folder and open

how-to.JPG

open the folder and there are the what you need to copy or extract

into MBM5 Data folder. Prolly at C:programfilesMotherboardmonitorMBM Data File.

howto1.JPG

howto2.JPG

howto3.JPG

should ask you if you want to overwrite and answer yes/ok. reboot and done. It should open up with windows and give you all your info.

If you have an ATI card you can download ATITool and open settingstemperature monitoring and send to info to MBM5 sensors #5 and #6. GL

Soundx98 thanks for the help,i understand everything and got as far as your last chart you posted with winrar open and the data file highlited the folder is open and you say it will ask if you want to overwrite yes/ok and reboot.Thats were iam stuck.Do i leave it like that with the folder open/highlited or do i hit ok and reboot or save settings then ok and reboot.I just hit ok and closed it and rebooted and nothing.Sound besides the data folder i have one that says config folder,but when open it just opens note pad.

dang, not sure I'm following everything you are doing. The main point is that you need to copy MY files over the standard ones. Try copying ALL the ini files one at a time into your MBM5 folder. Wish I could be of more help here. Did you try extracting them to your folder

Sound this is what i did,just like your steps.opened winrar with data folder and clicked the folder and it opened up to 10 files.I then extracted them and it opened to the extraction path and options.Then clicked local disk C then programs files then mbm file that open a drop down of files and i clicked the data folder and the folder opened.Thats where iam stuck.Should i of expanded the data folder or just clicked it open like i did.?

It looks like the stock version.Imean i did this 5 times soundx.Its simple enoufe to do.I guess something is wrong.Probley me but like i said did it just like you said.Oh well i keep trying to figure it out.You dont have to keep bothering with me iam sure you have much to do.Thanks for the program and your effort.One last question soundx there are 2 files the data file and the config file,the config file has no directions what to do with it.Is this my problem.You said the data file nothing else according to your directions.Thanks.

make a new folder and then extract the datafile in post #1 to it. then copy the files to your MBM5 data folder. I'm sitting here ROFLMAO, I can't believe how lame we both sound. I know you'll figure it out.

Ok you already have MBM5 installed so that is covered.

All you do is download the file, called "MBMDataFinal". Then right click it and say extract here.

Now you will see a folder called "MBMData".

Now right click that folder and rename it to "Data".

Now right click it again and click "copy".

Go to C:Program FilesMotherboard Monitor 5

You should see a bunch of folders and some other crap. Now right click and "paste".

When the prompt appears asking you to overwrite files tell it yes to overwrite. Once that is done all the new settings will be there and when you load up MBM5 you will see everything come up.