soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

GPU Temps - Only ATI cards. The ATITool program allows the export of GPU + GPU Env temps into MBM5 on sensors 5 and 6 when selected. I do not know of a program that will allow us to do it with NV cards yet.

Well, I managed to get my leadtek 6600gt temp into MBM :nod: .

But it is a quite limited solution. Leadtek Winfast application has to run in the background, I just forward the temps from it to mbm5 so I can have all of my temps in one place :nod:

gputemsp4vc.png

If anybody is interested post here :cool: ...

BTW, here is my osd script:

-

Uptime:

running at:

Processor usage:

Available memory: MB free (%)

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

woot - way to go _xhp_!

Can you please post a link to that application.

Maybe a screenshot or two of how you used the program to export to MBM5. Still using sensors 5 & 6? Can somebody with NV try and duplicate on their rig and post results.

ya here it is the link

ftp://ftp.leadtek.com.tw/entertainment_gr...ox_20_50311.exe

ftp://ftp1.leadtek.com/entertainment_grap...ox_20_50311.exe

ftp://www.leadtek.nl/support/downloads/en...ox_20_50311.exe

but i am having another strange problem with mbm5, i haven't changed anything in its settings since the first day i installed it and use the data files from this thread , see the screenshot and u will notice it urself

is this a bug in mbm5 or my dfi's sensors r dead or what ?

woot - way to go _xhp_!

Can you please post a link to that application.

Winfox: http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/down...downline=WinFox

Some notes:

1) It is designed for leadtek cards and will probably only work with them :( . (well, im may work with other cards, or it could easely be modified to work with them, ledtek 6600gt is standard nvidia reference design :P )

Maybe a screenshot or two of how you used the program to export to MBM5.

How about a plugin + source code :nod: . See atachment...

The main thing is that Winfox will send a classic windows messages to a window that has registered a window class with a name "WinFoxHWMMain". Those messages contain temps - nothing magical - no sensor reading...

Problems:

1) minimal refresh rate for winfox is 5s. So mbm5 might display 0C as temps for 5s max at the begining. If you have an alarm set that alarm will triger, winfox has it's own alarm so you can use that. I just wanted to see my GPU temps when I press ALT+SHIFT+m and it works for that :) ...

2) I just ripped come the code from some plugin I found on the web. If you find something wierd - it si not my fault :) . Pausing the plugin is not implemented. If you unload the Winfast app temp in mbm5 will stay frozen :P

3) Currenty it only grabs temps, but if your card supports it, it could also grab fan and voltage readings. Mine does not so I did not implement it...

My original plan was too see how Winfast communicates with low level drivers/hardware and then do exactly what winfast does to read the sensors. In that case Winfast would not be needed and it would work with any NV card :nod:

Maybe later this month :nod:

mbm5 has ~2MB, Winfox has ~7MB so that sucks, something must be done :P

Still using sensors 5 & 6?

No, 32 & 31 (should be obvious from my osd script). But if you want you can change the source code (need to change only two numbers).

Use at your own risc. Is something happens it is not my fault...

but i am having another strange problem with mbm5, i haven't changed anything in its settings since the first day i installed it and use the data files from this thread , see the screenshot and u will notice it urself

is this a bug in mbm5 or my dfi's sensors r dead or what ?

Is is doing always or just sometimes?

Do you get correct temps in others apps or in bios?

o ur plugin is working fine with me now but still i can't figure what is wrong with the cpu, nb and PWMIC temps' reading

EDIT:

this is the first time i see this error and it is always now on those numbers

and the other prgs can't detect my cpu or chipset or PWMIC temps

is my DFI broken :S

EDIT2:

ok in the bios they appear as MBM5 report -128 so i guess it is a mobo error and i will start a new thread

o ur plugin is working fine with me now but still i can't figure what is wrong with the cpu, nb and PWMIC temps' reading

Glad to hear this...

this is the first time i see this error and it is always now on those numbers

and the other prgs can't detect my cpu or chipset or PWMIC temps

is my DFI broken :S

EDIT2:

ok in the bios they appear as MBM5 report -128 so i guess it is a mobo error and i will start a new thread

-128 bug is not new to me, well I experienced -127 bug. This is the reason why I run mbm5 24/7!!! See my post http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16190

I restart my pc and my temps go back to normal so this is probably not what is happening to you...

The thing is if your bios thinks the temp is -128 it will stop the fans - so when this happens to me the cpu and chipset fans stop - my xp-120 keeps my cpu safe, even with no fan running (heck, it is running now at 370RPM, not much different from 0RPM :nod: , but I am worried about my chipset - that little aluminium thingie won't keep it cool under load with no fan :eek2: -> mbm5 to the rescue)

=>> Are your fans running???

EDIT: just saw your other post (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16540). You think mbm5 is doing this? Well, maybe. But it first started happening to me way before I installed mbm5. At that time I used speedfan. It was happening while/after using speedfans and it was the main reason I switched to mbm5! ! ! ! ! !

Now I am scared to use mbm5, I am scared to use speedfan, the only thing left is that ITE prog I hate!

And if I don't use anything, and the fans stop, and I dont have any monitoring software to report it to me/shutdown :eek2:

SO, IF YOU USE ANY MONITORING SOFTWARE ENABLE THE TEMPERATURE/FAN SPEED ALARMS!